Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Function on AR Homepage Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Function on AR Homepage Issue

raywjohnson No matter what I search for on the homepage I get this instead of results related to my search:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-18 a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	407.2 KB ID:	1330056
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-18 b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	365.1 KB ID:	1330054

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-18 c.jpg Views:	0 Size:	265.9 KB ID:	1330055

None of the searches had anything to do with St. Patrick's Day, Meathead's Rubs, Injectors, etc. Nothing related further down the screen either.

I searched for Alabama White Sauce, Beef, Salt, Baltimore Pit Beef. No love.

That would likely be Meathead or BigJim Ray is Vbulletin aka The Pitmaster Club.

Comment

Yep. It looks like someone is in the process of rebuilding the search results page.

Comment

Yes. Search is fubarred. We are on it.

Comment

As a work around, google is very good at finding what you are looking for. Put things in quotes "amazingribs" (thing you want to find), it will give pitmaster forum pings as well.

Comment

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice to know!

Originally posted by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs View Post
          As a work around, google is very good at finding what you are looking for. Put things in quotes "amazingribs" (thing you want to find), it will give pitmaster forum pings as well.
          Yes. Thanks! Forgot about that. Here are some examples:

Alabama White Sauce
          https://www.google.com/search?q="amazingribs"+Alabama+White+Sauce

Beef
          https://www.google.com/search?q="amazingribs"+Beef

Salt
          https://www.google.com/search?q="amazingribs"+Salt

Baltimore Pit Beef
          https://www.google.com/search?q="amazingribs"+Baltimore+Pit+Beef​

Comment

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            I forgot about it too. Thanks!

Thanks for the report. We are working to improve the search results but it looks like the new search function is a bit too aggressive. I fixed one error already and I'm working on the others. Thanks for having our back.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Just an update, I searched "Slow 'N Sear" about 2 hrs ago and got a very zoomed-up search result page, HUUUUGE pics, and the SnS article was 4th or 5th or more down the line. Just did it again now and things look far better. Nice job Jim.

Things are getting better.

Comment

I would suggest uninstalling your app and reinstalling it . I had the same problem about nothing loading and no ones profiles loading and I messaged reddit mods. They said uninstall and reinstall should work!!

Comment

• Donw
              Donw commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting first post as there is no app involved here.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here