Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit pop up ad hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although that reminds me, David Parrish, what happened to the promise of members getting to browse ad-free??

Comment

Originally posted by jgjeske1 View Post
      Although that reminds me, David Parrish, what happened to the promise of members getting to browse ad-free??

We're testing the ad free templates now. Should be very soon!

Comment

Here's where I get redirected to from the home page:

It only happens from the home page of amazingribs.com. If I go directly to the Pit login page or any of the other pages that I've saved there's no problem.

Comment

David Parrish - try doing a dns flush on your server (or have the IT guys do it). The main site has to use DNS to find the Pit, and that's where something is going wrong. Malware probably got on the server. Whether it is still there or not, there's most likely some poisoned DNS records on that server.

Best regards,
          Jim

Comment

Similar here. If I have AdBlock OFF on the main amazingribs.com site, clicking the Go to the Pit link sends the browser to the pit, but opens an active tab at http://www.filmon.com/subscribe with focus on that tab. Chrome on Win7.

With AdBlock ON, no extra windows, totally normal ops.

Comment

yes i should clarify as well: same as BruceB, it is only if i click from AR.com (which is how i typically access The Pit) if i use a direct link to the fourm, no issues.

Comment

I've been having similar issues since last night. It's happened on my work computer where I have Windows 7 / Chrome and my home computer where I also have W7 / Chrome. My work computer blocks the site.

Comment

We are trying to find the ad that is causing this. We are also humping to install a javascript that will turn off ALL ads for members.

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like the sound of that my friend. Meathead

Meathead, Happy New Year! Thanks for the GOOD WORK On High! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Meathead
                    Meathead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! Same to you! Sorry for the mess yesterday. Been to Fargo once, passing through many years ago. Stopped in a bar and had a nice chat with a saw filer for a lumber company. Good beer, good memory.

Put more bacon on the firewall.... The Vegans will never cross it.

Comment

Who boiled the ribs?

Comment

Originally posted by Craigar View Post
                      Who boiled the ribs?
                      See, Meathead wasn't lying. It's totally true.

Comment

• pittkappasig
                        pittkappasig commented
                        Editing a comment
                        i boiled ribs once when i was like 19 trying to impress my Fraternity... i feel wholly responsible for this...

What I've learned in 20+ years of dealing with viruses (sometimes on thousands of computers)

Just like the old one about loaning money. If I owe you $1,000, I have a problem. If I owe you $1,000,000 YOU have a problem.

First report - the IT guys can suggest that the client PC has the problem.
                      Second report from a different place - the IT guys have a problem in your server.

I know the pit was down, but the regular site stayed up, and that was still pointing things in the wrong directions. If both the main site and the pit are on the same server, something got into the DNS cache and started routing things to other than places originally intended. The main site was sending other links to the wrong places, and trying to inject virus code into the clients' computers.

Best regards,
                      Jim

Comment

I have posted a detailed report here

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here