Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble typing posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble typing posts

Sometimes
    whenwritingapostabluetextbarappearsandthespacebard oesn'twork.
    It'shappeningrightnow,obviously

Have you checked your blood pressure?

Comment

Put down the bottle and try again later

I had that happen once but it was when using my phone. A restart got everything working.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes - I think a restart is the first step.

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Here's the thing - it was happening with my first post on this page but hasn't happened since on this page and I didn't do anything to my computer, like shutdown, restart, etc.

It happens when I'm using our Mac. It happens sporadically.

Comment

JeffJ

Interesting issue. I found that this issue does affect this forum software. I assumed it was more likely an issue with your browser. However, there is not much that can be done to fix it. As it is not a bug in the code. And the edit window that is used to create topics and posts was not created by vBulletin. They use CKEditor (https://ckeditor.com/).

So, this is probably some issue between vB, CKEditor, and your browser. Clearing the browser cache *should* fix it. So the next time this happens (to anyone), please try these two things.

Hit CTRL+F5 (CMD+R on Apple/Mac) to do a "hard" refresh of your browsers cache for the page you are on. Basically this only refreshes cached assets from amazingribs.com.

If the problem persists, try disabling the rich text edit mode (click the "source" button, upper left). And see if the problem still exists. Let me know the outcome.

Click image for larger version  Name:	click-the-source-button.png Views:	0 Size:	29.3 KB ID:	1308361

That button enables/disables the GUI/WYSIWYG mode.

When not in GUI mode, the CKEditor should not interfere with your typing.

Comment

• JeffJ
          JeffJ commented
          Editing a comment
          I just went to post a comment and the same annoying problem occurred. I clicked the icon where you put the arrow and I was able to type normally!

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Aha! Good. That means your browsers is having some issue with the CKEditor. What is your OS? (linux, apple/mac, windows) and version? What is your browser? And version?

WritingIsRewritingWhatHasAlreadyBeenRewritten!

I'm all spaced out.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you press Cntl+PBR?

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, you're funny, thanks

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here