Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon Links Not Working Correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Links Not Working Correctly?

Today when I was referring a product to someone, I posted a picture of it, along with a link to the product on Amazon. When the link first posted, it looked like a normal link. After several seconds, it switched to read "Amazon Comment" When you click on that, it goes to an error page. I tried doing it over again and the same thing happens.

This is what the page looks like after it converts the link to Amazon Comment.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EB25445F-84AD-496D-A129-3A18147B2E5B.png Views:	7 Size:	2.83 MB ID:	1295501

When you click on the link, here’s what happens.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FE048447-FB1F-4E0E-99B3-2D0815085502.png Views:	7 Size:	308.9 KB ID:	1295500
    Last edited by Panhead John; September 17, 2022, 03:51 PM.

Ok, let me correct something here, I tried again. When I first posted the link it stayed as it was supposed to. I could click on the link and it WOULD take me to the product page on Amazon. Then AFTER leaving Amazon and returning to my post…then it read Amazon Comment, which then took me to the error page.

Here’s the link as it was posted correctly….

Click image for larger version  Name:	0F5E9E6D-342C-4D3B-9093-B60826CC16F2.png Views:	0 Size:	3.01 MB ID:	1295526

Once I left Amazon and returned to my post, it was reading Amazon Comment. After I clicked on Edit my post, then the correct link magically reappears again…..without me doing anything other than clicking on "Edit" 🧐
    Last edited by Panhead John; September 17, 2022, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      They programmed the Amazon links to auto convert into AR referral links, it takes a few seconds after the post to convert the URL. Maybe the way you are linking the product is confusing the bot.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      DI ORO Chef Series 3 Piece Silicone Turner Spatula Set - 600F Heat-Resistant Flexible Rubber Silicone Spatulas - Silicone Cooking Utensil Set - Egg Turners, Pancake Flippers, Kitchen Spatulas https://a.co/d/1SPnvGm

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I just tried it again. It posted the link normally ☝️. I clicked on the link and it took me to the Amazon product. Everything’s fine. Now, when I left Amazon and returned to this post, this is when "Amazon Comment" shows up instead of the link. When you then click on Amazon Comment, it takes you to the error page.
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 17, 2022, 04:39 PM.

Panhead John

Fixed. We are testing a link converter to change links to Amazon to contain the AmazingRibs tag.

Your comment link is different (a.co/d/ instead of a.co/dp/) so the code improperly converted it.

I have updated the code to properly convert those links. Should be working now.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      "Your comment link is different (a.co/d/ instead of a.co/dp/) so the code improperly converted it". Ray, that’s what I was thinking too….😂

Thank you Ray! You are invaluable here and we all appreciate you!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here