Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs

I'm starting this thread in the Suggestion Box to report bugs. A big thank-you to everyone that works on the forum software. You are appreciated!

In another thread, I posted a comment today, and my double quotes converted to " when I saved. I even edited my post to add back the double quotes but the same thing happened. Here are 3 double quotes...to see what happens: """
    The other thread where this happened is https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...er-kickstarter

Well, the " above worked just fine. The other thread was a comment to someone else's post.

Comment

After some posts my signature is missing. I've attached an example (.png) Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 5.35.26 PM.png
Views:	171
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	126270 that just happened in this thread: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...o-from-atlanta
    When I go back to this thread, I can see my signature.

Comment

Wow, now here's another one. After I posted the above, the text of what I was posting remained. Here's a picture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 5.38.21 PM.png
Views:	151
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	126272

Comment

• Glenn Vergara
        Glenn Vergara commented
        Editing a comment
        Does this happen all the time?

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        I've saw it happen twice yesterday, but not everytime I posted.

• Glenn Vergara
        Glenn Vergara commented
        Editing a comment
        This is an intermittent issue then. I'll try to reproduce and fix the issue. It'll take time though due to the nature of the issue.

Here I am again...When I go to amazingribs.com I don't have the google search box at the very top if I'm logged in to The Pit. If I log out of The Pit, then the google search box appears. This may be by design...I'm using Mac Safari for my browser.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried Firefox on my Mac and have the same deal. Logged in to The Pit - no google search box on amazingribs.com; not logged in to The Pit - I get the google search box.

Thanks fuzzydaddy. We're on it!

Comment

Some additional information on the missing google search box when logged into The Pit... When I click on the AmazingRibs.com banner at the top of The Pit I don't get the search box. I do get the search box when clicking on any of the tabs while in The Pit (Table of Contents, etc.)

Comment

Good info fuzzyD. We've done a lot of customization to vBulletin to get it to integrate with the rest of the site. The upgrade probably broke a few things. Keep pointing them out and we'll get the all fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
            Some additional information on the missing google search box when logged into The Pit... When I click on the AmazingRibs.com banner at the top of The Pit I don't get the search box. I do get the search box when clicking on any of the tabs while in The Pit (Table of Contents, etc.)
            Try to change https to http in the AmazingRibs.com URL in the browser. This is a temporary solution while we fix the issue. Btw, this issue is not a result of the upgrade.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks!

Glenn Vergara, Here's an example from today when posting on: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-big-green-egg where my post text remained.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 5.11.25 PM.png
Views:	149
Size:	439.6 KB
ID:	127231

Comment

Glenn Vergara

1) I've noticed when posting multiple photos via the "attachment" icon, the last photo in the post appears again at the bottom of a post, but gigantic, out of the right-side border. Example post. I've seen it in others' posts too, but not all posts. Not sure what variables cause it to happen, but it appears to be only after the recent upgrade.

2) Also, we know about the double quotes not working in comment boxes. But I've noticed 'mentions' messing up after editing a comment with a mention in it. When editing, the mention feature appears to reset back to the tags, which contain quotes, and when the edited comment is saved, the linked mention goes away.

Comment

I'm seeing multiple posts where when tagging someone whose name starts with the same as another user, and the one you want has a space following the part that matches the other user, you end up with tagging the wrong person. For example you type (at) Jon Solberg and there's another user (at) Jon, you actually tag Jon and not Jon Solberg. I realize that there's a new user Jon, but wanted to report it as it seems to be a bug.

Glenn Vergara I've also seen then for new user bbq Brian (matches user bbq) and now for you (matches user Glenn).

The way around this is to click the user on the popup that matches as you type (which moves the user you are typing to the beginning of what you are typing). If you continue to type and don't click the user in the popup you get Jon, bbq, Glenn, etc.
                Last edited by fuzzydaddy; December 30, 2015, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here