Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Giveaway Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Giveaway Price

Hello.
    I understand that it’s costly to send the big prize’s internationally in case of a winner isn’t US based. But to make it fair, why not offer a lifetime membership in case if the with the Pitmaster club. I don’t see that violating any laws.

That won't work 'cause in a little over 1400 years, everyone would have a free lifetime membership.

Comment

I did the math because I was curious about what this "prize" would potentially work out to be. The highest-priced item in the grand prize category is currently the Blaze Cart Mounted 25″ 3 Burner Gas Grill Freestanding Gas Grill, MSRP $1,894.

Yearly membership in the Pitmaster Club is $34.95

$1894 divided by $34.95 = 54.1917

A 54-year membership in the Pit.

Comment

I like that idea too Henke_Ha - but there may be other concerns, such as complying with the laws of every other country on the planet in regards to the legality of offering sweepstake type giveaways. And reporting the taxable income of the value of the giveaway.

I had to pay income tax here in the US on the SNS Deluxe Kamado I chose when I won the January 2021 great giveaway, based on the declared value of the prize at that time. So sadly, nothing in life is "free".

I do see how your idea has merit though, as no physical goods are exchanged.

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang, you won it that long ago? It sure doesn’t seem like it was over a year and a half ago

• Stuey1515
          Stuey1515 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thankfully we don't get taxed on prize/lottery winnings over here, well not yet

Sounds like a good idea, but I am unsure of the legality of it.

Comment

If there's any prize, and there's a cost for entry, they can't do it outside of the US. A membership would equal a cash value prize.

Comment

Okej, so if a lifetime membership is to valueable, let it be a years membership. That probaly is so low value as it wouldent need to be registered anywhere!
            And isnt it up to the reciver to comply with any regulations within the country of residence?
            i know that here in sweden there isn’t any taxes for a prize if its less value then 140$

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              This question comes up a couple times each year. We've tried to think of things to do for overseas members but it boils down to this: We have to comply with the laws of any land in which we offer prizes, whether physical, electronic or monetary. It cost $3K to get the legalities to do it here, so if we did this with all countries in which our members reside, well, you can do the math. It's all explained here: https://amazingribs.com/contest-and-...aways/#us-only

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here