Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I get asked to join the pit master club? When I'm already a member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I get asked to join the pit master club? When I'm already a member

Hi I'm logged in. Every time. EVERY TIME, I log in and I go to the main table of contents page, I get ads and it asks me to try the Pit Master club. I'm already a member.
    Quite frankly, it's ridiculous that I even have to ask this question, so please don't send me on some RTFM forum Easter egg hunt.
    Thanks!
    Chuck

If you are logged in you should not go to that page. Everytime I hit the site, I am logged in already and go right to the main page of the forum.

Comment

ckurnik

This is a cookie issue.

Go here to clear the cookies associates with Pitmaster and AmazingRibs.

Then login to Pitmaster. And check to see if you still get the ads on AmazingRibs.com

--RayJ

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Every time I get issues here I remember to empty my cache. What a pain that becomes. Then I have the issue he is talking about. You are awesome in response to our issues, Ray.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Ray! Most code ninjas would have just said "clear your cookies" and left it at that.

• ckurnik
        ckurnik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ray, code Ninja indeed! That fixed it.

Thanks all for the help!
        Chuck

I knew it, it’s always those dang cookies, yessir.

Comment

I never log out. I always keep this forum on a separate tab. Never have problems.

Comment

• Sid P
          Sid P commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly. Why close it when I check in 8-10 times/day?

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Sid P my point as well.

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          You don't even have to keep it open. Unless you have your browser set to clear cookies when you quit it, you'll stay logged in unless you log out or clear cookies.

Cookies on a BBQ site, that just sounds wrong πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comment

• Draznnl
          Draznnl commented
          Editing a comment
          Every meal needs a good dessert to complete it.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Unless they are meat cookies. Doesn’t a burger patty look like a cookie. πŸ€”πŸ˜

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here