Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ads

Why are there ads in amazingribs.com even when I am logged into pimaster club? I thoughtit should be ad free for members.

//Henke

Attached Files

See if any of this helps sort your issues.

Comment

That page isnät found it says.

Comment

When I get to that page to go back to channels page I have to log back in! Thought it was just me!

Comment

Why are there ads on amazing ribs.com even when I paid the annual price?
        That is a two-part question, the first part is why and philosophers been asking that for years.
        The second part is their ads on amazing Ribs.com? And the answer is yes. Relax and have a PBR Enjoy the site and amazing rib friends and life is good.

Comment

• Henke_Ha
          Henke_Ha commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, to me no ads are no third party ads of any kind. If it is stated to be no ads when a member it should be no ads.
          Simple as that.
          No need for philosophical answers.

I’ve been seeing ads, and keep getting asked to join the pit master club, on the free site lately as well.

Comment

If you're seeing ads and being asked to join something is likely up with your cookie settings.

Comment

Your screenshot shows that you're being prompted to join the Pitmaster club. What happens if you go directly to the Pitmaster page first, make sure your logged in, and then go to the home page? Do you have any software running that may block cookies?

Comment

Originally posted by Henke_Ha View Post
              Why are there ads in amazingribs.com even when I am logged into pimaster club? I thoughtit should be ad free for members.

//Henke
              That popup in the lower left means you're not actually logged in. Blocking cookies?

Comment

I’m logged in, obviously, and I still get prompted to join the pitmaster club. I just noticed this recently, possibly after my membership renewed. I have not changed any cookie settings and have no cookie blocking software.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	4103C0C9-B458-4485-942E-8C7F6E21FE58.png
Views:	189
Size:	440.0 KB
ID:	1239316

Comment

Thanks for the answers.
                  i found the issue, since I was using a vpn the cookoenthing doesent work..

//Henke

Comment

If performing the steps in the FAQ article and then logging back in do not work for you, try this link here first: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-cookies-reset.php then try the steps in the article. This will clear & reset our cookies on whatever device you visit it with. This should help clear up any bungled stuff.

Also, some VPNs do odd things. I use one too and while it works here fine for me, it messes with other websites and I have to turn it off sometimes. So try that too if you're a VPN user.

Comment

• purp
                      purp commented
                      Editing a comment
                      FWIW, I was having the problem where Members Only content was loudly flagged along with the persistent "Try the Pitmaster Club!" banner this morning, and the cookie reset link above fixed it.

I vaguely suspect it may be because I hadn't been here in a long while, and/or might be a v1 membership vs. v2 membership cookies thing.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here