Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chili, Soup, & Stew - category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chili, Soup, & Stew - category

So in the winter I find myself not being in front of the smoker and grill as much as I would like (I know I know, shoot me). That being said I still enjoy cooking and love a good chili, soup, or stew during the cold months. That being said I haven't ventured into this area of cooking too much but was wanting to try some things out this winter and looking for a good exchange of information.

I was hoping that there may be some other pitmaster members that would be interested in this area of conversation and that it may become a sub category of the "Recipes and Techniques" forum if there was enough interest. Hopefully to share some recipes and techniques as well as competition info and such.

I know there are some little BBQ competitions in my area that are also hosting chili cook offs at the same time and some people are attempting to compete in both.

While I prefer to hangout in the "Pit" I would still appreciate any good online resources etc... that anyone may have to offer or have some experience with in regards to this (especially competition chili).

Would anyone else like to see this become a sub category?

Thanks

I'd enjoy that

Comment

w0nq , are you just looking for info as well or do you cook competition chili cook offs?

Comment

• w0nq
        w0nq commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, just a fat dude who likes to eat

yes, chilli recipes would be much appreciated

Comment

I'm in for this. I've been making chili for 40 years. My recipe has gone from simple/traditional to complicated, and back to simple (but completely different).

The great thing about chili is that there are so many ways to make it, and they all taste different, yet they all taste like chili. One of my favorite oddball recipes calls for cubed beef, no beans, no tomatoes, and it uses caraway seeds and sesame seeds along with the standard chili spices of cumin, chile, garlic, and onion.

Comment

Great idea. Done!

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Boss!

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            You bet Nate.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here