Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with Membership renewal when using Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with Membership renewal when using Chrome

Okay, after 3 hours plus of searching I was finally able to locate the Membership renewal info page. It was extremely difficult and frustrating because when you click My Membership on the left sidebar the new options show up as black on the dark red background, making it almost invisible. Another issue is that the original fields are all still visible as white lettering. The new fields appear to be an underlayment instead of appearing over the original text that is in white. This makes it almost impossible to read. I am using the latest version of Chrome.

A tip of the old fedora to Meathead for getting me on the right track! I was using Large Icons on my desktop and Large type in Chrome. That was forcing the website to scrunch things up a bit. Now using Medium icons and Times New Roman 18 pt font. It works the way it was designed to work. Yay!!!
    Last edited by SmokingSteve; June 2, 2022, 05:21 PM. Reason: @Meathead helped me fix the issue! Now my membership will renew with no worries. I would hate to miss the June drawings!

Thanks for posting this. I clicked and found none of the issues you mentioned but I did notice I had an old credit card number linked to my membership.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1p2wVCM.png
Views:	175
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1230655

Why must i post 3 characters when posting a pic?

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. That is what mine looks like as well.

Yeah, Windows 10 has been out for nearly seven years now and I have yet to see font or icon scaling not have a problem with something. It really seems like that should work better than it does.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I tried some laptops with 4K screens on Windows and never could get happy with the user interface scaling, and went to an old low-res 1080p laptop instead. My Mac's have never had issues with the user interface scaling, and look the same on an old iBook from 2002 with a 1024x768 display as it does on a 27" 5K display. It's just crisper and sharper on the high res display.

• Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. One of the reasons I chose a 2K monitor was to use native scaling. 4K the text would just be too small for me. 2560x1440 is just perfect at 27". (And, well, if I need more space, that's why multiple monitors are a thing lol.)

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here