Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Your subscription"

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Your subscription"

I keep getting notifications that x member has commented on your subscription in x topic.
    what is this? I'm not even aware that I've subscribed to anything. I follow a few topics,but not the topics I'm getting these notifications for....at least I dont think I do..lol
  • Answer selected by Huskee at May 2, 2022, 11:32 AM.

Oh wise ones.
    I bow to your greater knowledge...
    I was indeed subscribed to the entirety of the PBC channel....doh.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      This is what we do- deduce problems with briskets, smokers, and unintended subscriptions.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      But, you did have fun wonderin, didn’t ya?

If you start a thread or comment on someone else's thread and they respond to your comment you will be notified. lot of words hope that made sense.

Comment

Could be a mistake on your part. You can go to that thread and use the unsubscribe (or unfollow) button.

Comment

I know what Finster's referring to, I get them as well and they're not the usual notification of someone replying to your message or posting in one's thread. I am guessing that, because the topics are of pretty wide applicability, all members are "subscribed" to such threads. This is purely a guess and I have no actual knowledge of the situation, but that's never stopped me before.

Comment

Finster Go to your account settings and there are options for notifications. Also, if you keep getting notifications for a specific thread you may have inadvertently hit the "+ Follow" button located at the top.

Comment

• Murdy
            Murdy commented
            Editing a comment
            Green button, top and bottom of page, if it says "followed," click in again and it will unsubscribe you

And admins have the ability to have everyone follow a topic they deem important.

Comment

By way of notifications, I can follow myself without following myself allowing me to follow up!
            It works for me. Notifications that is.
            Last edited by bbqLuv; April 19, 2022, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• gcdmd
              gcdmd commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you have developed PBR brain, as has anyone who followed what you just said.

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you not following?

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              I’d like to follow up on the following comments from bbqLuv. It’s a well known fact that drinking PBR can alter the brain’s chemistry and your taste buds beyond repair. This will prevent you from following up on comments that the poster might or might not be following. So if you’re not following a subject and want to follow up on it, it’s best to follow from the beginning to ensure a follow up is actually followed up on. Got it?
              Last edited by Panhead John; May 2, 2022, 03:55 PM.

Getting some of these notifications now for new topics I haven't even looked at yet...lol
            first world problems in the grand scheme of things, for sure..
            Not complaining really, just seems weird

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you tried going to that channel (that the notification is for) and clicking the green button that says Followed, hoover over it and it says Unsubscribe, then clicking that?

• gcdmd
              gcdmd commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee
              I think hoovarmin is the only one who hoovers over things around here.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              gcdmd Lol, oops!

Oh wise ones.
            I bow to your greater knowledge...
            I was indeed subscribed to the entirety of the PBC channel....doh.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              This is what we do- deduce problems with briskets, smokers, and unintended subscriptions.

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              But, you did have fun wonderin, didn’t ya?

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here