Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

video vs text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video vs text

My 2 cents on Pit content. You have a lot of video content posted but I'm just an old guy and I still like good old text that I can skim through or print out and use next to my smoker or prep area. Videos can be very informative and they are great for showing subtle details in technique, but they take too long to watch because you have to watch them in real-time (the first time through) instead of skimming until you get to the interesting parts. Also, I don't use my laptop in the kitchen because my hands are messy. I would like to see more text and photo articles, not just videos. Maybe I'm too old or lunatic fringe, but that's my feedback

You have me scratching my head on this one. All of Meathead's recipes are in text format. The videos provide examples of recipes being cooked that already exist in text format. There are also videos with feature Pitmasters that talk about their techniques. You cold find their recipes on their websites. Maybe give us an example of a video you want in text format?

Comment

Sonoman if you're new to AmazingRibs and The Pit here, just click the red tab up above where it says Tested Recipes. That will take you back to AmazingRibs (what we call AR or "the main site") and you can scroll the jillions of recipes like Pit Boss mentioned.

Hope this clarifies and helps!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have been coming to the AR site for several years and I signed up for the Pitmaster Club to pay you guys for helping make me a better smoker. I don't come to the Pitmaster Club often because I don't find much useful there. That's probably OK...I signed up to support you guys.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          We certainly appreciate your help and support! Sorry you don't find The Pit useful, but if you ever need any recipe or technique help we're here for you!

• JohnF
          JohnF commented
          Editing a comment
          I find the Pit very entertaining.

Originally posted by Sonoman View Post
        Thanks for the replies. I have been coming to the AR site for several years and I signed up for the Pitmaster Club to pay you guys for helping make me a better smoker. I don't come to the Pitmaster Club often because I don't find much useful there. That's probably OK...I signed up to support you guys.
        You mention Pitmaster Club but the club consists of many things... exclusive videos, The Pit, Gold Medal Giveaways, support for Operation BBQ Relief, complimentary temperature magnet, etc... It sounds to me like your comments are directed at The Pit, which is both a forum for club members to hang out in as well as the place where we make member exclusive videos available. In The Pit we have many very knowledgeable club members who are always helpful when folks ask questions. We also have moderators that are very familiar with Meathead's techniques and ensure the community remains informative and positive. We want to foster friendship, not flames (OK flames in your backyard pit yes we want to foster those, just not here). We also have a lot of video content that Meathead produced and is exclusive to club members. Check out the latest video here. We just surveyed all 8,000 Pitmaster Club members and The Pit was ranked as the members' favorite benefit.

Sonoman We definitely appreciate the support. It's crucial to our survival, but by saying you don't find much useful here I think you've made a rash judgement without taking the time to appreciate everything The Pit has to offer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here