Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assistance needed - all of a sudden I am having problems with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Hey I can take it, I have high boots

• JeffJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

You must be referring to all the bad stuff Huskee get's hit with...
    I was. I lumped you in as an act of kindness. I didn't want Huskee to think he was being picked on.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
    Thanks again to both of you for your assistance and patience. You guys are OK despite what they say about you. ;-)
    You must be referring to all the bad stuff Huskee get's hit with...

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    If you make a very minor edit to a pic, and save the edit, orientation info will get tagged to the photo and it will appear upright no matter if it's portrait or landscape.

• JeffJ
    replied
    Alright. Coincidentally enough I just dry-brined 3 slabs of baby backs so I took 2 pics of them on my iPhone - one with a vertical orientation (which are currently pulling in sideways) and one with a horizontal, or landscape orientation. I'll import both of them and see what happens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0311.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	118893

Name:	IMG_0310.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	118894

The pic I took when holding the phone horizontally pulled in as it was saved. The one where I held the phone up in the portrait position came in sideways.

Until recently they always pulled in as they appeared on my screen. But at least I now know that if I take my pics for this site in the landscape position they should pull in correctly. It's not optimal, but at least it solves the problem.

Thanks again to both of you for your assistance and patience. You guys are OK despite what they say about you. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    OK, the second pic came in sideways just as it did before. I'll try editing now.

I tried editing but I still have the same problem - I don't have the ability to change the orientation of the picture.
    Last edited by JeffJ; October 29, 2015, 07:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    Of course, this pic pulled in properly. I'll still post it because I like it but then I will try a pic that just failed.

Name:	IMG_0246.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	118887
    Let's try another one...

Name:	IMG_0307.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	118888

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    commented on 's reply
    I'll try that right now on this thread.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• David Parrish
    replied
    JeffJ what we've noticed with Apple iOS products is that pictures don't inherently have a tag to them that states which side is up, so vBulletin assumes the widest edge of the photo should be displayed horizontally. To fix this, try editing one of your pics that posts sideways. You don't have to make any major changes to it, just put it in edit mode and save it. That will give the picture orientation information and it should post upright after that. Let us know if this works.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    Hopefully it is temporary. Until this little bug I have been very happy with how my pictures have turned out on this site. I just wish I were more tech-savvy. I have no idea what is causing this as I haven't done anything differently.

Thanks again and have a great weekend! I have a big weekend on the Performer so I am pretty excited about that. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Ah that sounds fishy. Hopefully Pit Boss knows who to get on the horn about that. It could be a temporary thing.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    I only post pictures from our Mac. I always use the upload icon (clipboard/paperclip and everything happens exactly as it always has except when the picture pulls in as an icon and I have to choose the size - it is now sideways. I did try dragging the picture icon out onto the main screen and was successful. From there I was able to rotate it until it was upright but I couldn't figure out how to use that image - I tried dragging it back in but to no avail. I don't know how to do that last step, at least as it pertains to this site.

Thank you for responding so quickly. Hopefully we can get this figured out.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    We've known about this happening with anything Apple, albeit hit & miss. You mention Mac so I assume you're on a desktop and not mobile? Are you using the upload attachment icon (clipboard/paperclip) or the camera icon? If camera, try the upload attachment. If all else fails, try taking a screencap of the picture when it's up on your display, and saving that as the picture (instead of the original uploaded file), re-upload, and see if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• Assistance needed - all of a sudden I am having problems with pics

Hello moderators.

I wasn't sure which was the most appropriate venue for this issue so i came here. All of a sudden when I am importing pictures they are coming in sideways. I always post pics from our Mac and I am not doing anything differently. When I click the pictures to be imported they are always shown exactly as they were taken. I am not particularly good with tech stuff and am wondering if any of you have any thoughts as to what might be causing this problem.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here