Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking Science Section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    I wonder how one would go about smoking meat from roasting coffee beans.. What would you suggest, roast beans somehow over your charcoal in a regular smoker? I'm not quite understanding how this could be done.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    That really sounds interesting, Have seen many rubs with ground coffee why not the intoxicating aroma of coffee roasting.

• David Parrish
    replied
    Stu these are excellent topics. Here's my thought. Start these off as topics in the General Discussion channel. Let's see how much traction they get. If they get a lot of attention, we'll put the in their own channel or sub-channel.

Leave a comment:

• Freethread
    started a topic Cooking Science Section?

Cooking Science Section?

How a about a discussion section relating to cooking science specifically? In particular, I want to ask which spices are water soluble and which are oil soluble.

On the side, I also would like to see a section discussing smoke. I have been home roasting my coffee for a little over ten years, and I want to ask if anyone has has been using coffee smoke (from the roasting, not from burning the beans, so just the oils burning) to smoke meat, and what were the results.
    Cheers,
    --Stu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here