Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Address

So in everyone's about page i can see their street address and their name and home town. even me. i don't know about everyone else but i really REALLY do not want everyone knowing my EXACT home address on the internet. i guess with sensitive information like this i assumed would be used for the website only not for everyone to see! is this something that is going to change or do i have to enter a fake address now?

Weird, I don't see your address, just Madison WI. I looked at my own and it isn't there either. Maybe you have some access you shouldn't.

Comment

+1 with what John said. I cannot see anyones not even mine. Checked about 6

Comment

That information should not be visible. I've notified our IT guys. We're on it!

Comment

when i looked at another users about i saw his address very clearly, he was a new member. however i went back to the forum and i looked at the very first person i saw i looked at their about and bam, address. looking at you guys your about is all blank for that stuff.

Comment

i just checked another user and i can see their address too. i don't know what it is but i hope this gets fixed because i am guessing i am not the only one with this "power"

Comment

DeusDingo try again. We just applied a fix.

Comment

do i need to reboot my browser? i can still see some peoples addresses.

Comment

Yes try hitting Ctrl F5 to make sure you load the page fresh as well.

Comment

Also please let us know what browser and operating system you're running.

Comment

well it appears that it is fixed. i can't see any more addresses

windows 7 Pro 64bit with chrome

Comment

Ok great. Thanks DeusDingo for helping us troubleshoot.

Comment

Hey if you find my address there'll probably be something cooking with a little leftover, so just bring the beer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here