Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notifications Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notifications Question

Hi, not a bug or anything, just an inquiry. So, I go to the Messages section to see activity on threads that I have engaged with. I will have several notifications in the SUWYC thread (I am most active in that thread). I want to see what other members have Liked or Commented (without using @SheilaAnn). But when I click on one, all the others in the Notifications section disappear. I am guessing because since I went into SUWYC, the system assumes all of them have been read. I wish there was a way to be able not make them tag as being read until I actually click through. The picture below kind of explains.

Just curious. If the answer is "because that’s the way it works", that’s cool and I get it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E1FF528C-F6A6-485B-8DD7-EAEE3B7586E9.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1123582

Yeah, it marks them all as read. You can hit the Filters at the top right and choose to show both dismissed and not dismissed notifications to see the ones it marked for you, btw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.48.51 AM.png
Views:	193
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1123587
    Last edited by rickgregory; November 10, 2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      I started doing this a few years ago, I think. This is the best solution to SheilaAnn 's problem, imho.

I'm using Win10 on a pc with Chrome, and if I right click on a link, I get options to open in a new window or a new tab. If I choose new tab, I can open all the links and view each one.

However, if I just open one, the rest are still there until I open them or dismiss them...

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      pkadare - yes I am sure. I do right click on all the notifications before opening any though. And I open each in a new tab. Once I read a particular post, I close that tab and move to the next tab.

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB so in both cases, you're opening a new tab or a new window? I may have misunderstood your method.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      pkadare - yes...

In the case that you described, I open each notification for the same topic in a new tab. So if there were 5 notifications from SUWYC, I'd open one in a new tab, then close it, back to the original tab, rinse, lather, and repeat.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Try opening them all in new tabs before looking at any...

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. Same effect, still have to open and close the same number of tabs and since I can only read one at a time... 👌

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      It seems to me to be less work, (?), to open all the tabs and then just close each one as it is read. The next tab then opens automatically.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here