Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with Editing My Avatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with Editing My Avatar

I wanted to change my avatar today and while I can easily select a new file, and while I get a notification that I can adjust how the avatar will be cropped, there is no option to do so. I've tried with Edge on both the latest internal build of Windows 11 and also on Windows 10, also with Edge on my up to date Android phone. In all cases, this is what I see, and as you can tell, I've managed to mess up my avatar. Help me :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	editavatar.png
Views:	232
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	1123470

Same results with the latest version of Chrome.

Comment

Sending to the Code Ninja!

raywjohnson

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I thought about tagging him but figured that would make me look like the one kid in class who is always trying to get the teacher's attention. I did get a lot of attention from my teachers over the years, but it wasn't really attention that I wanted to have. 🤔

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha, well he is the one that can help you. I wish I could. That is why we have a Ninja on staff! pkadare

I had the same problem so I edited the avatar photo in another program to get it to an acceptable size

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! That worked perfectly. Guess I'll need to turn in my geek card since I should have thought of that. :-)

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        pkadare my uncles used to tell me even a broke clock is right twice a day lol. It took me at least a week to realize that is what I needed to do

Alrighty then!

This is fixed.

The issue is in a header called CSP or Content-Security-Policy.

It has to be set to allow "blob" images. Those are images that are converted from binary to base64 (which is just plan text).

Your browser was being told by the header (CSP) to not allow that.

I have fixed the header to allow it.

Also, if you upload your avatar and just hit save, it will automatically be resized to 200x200.

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        As always, you rock! Thanks for the prompt attention!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here