Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Persistent login issues on iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persistent login issues on iPad

This just started, maybe due to upgrade to IOS 15.1? My login session does not persist, requiring logins after some period of not using the iPad. The iPad is not being shutdown or turned off.

I’m on an IOS 15.1 iPad using Safari and no problems here.

Comment

Pretty sure my iPad Pro is also on 15.1 and having no issues. I mostly browse the Pit from the iPad in the evenings.

Now, there are some new privacy settings in iPadOS and iOS 15. I am wondering if you've got something going on there that is affecting your login sessions. They added features to make hide your IP address when browsing and other stuff that might affect cookies in the web browser, which are how your login is saved across browser sessions. I've not touched any of those type settings from the default myself however.
      Last edited by jfmorris; November 9, 2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I haven’t touched the new settings either. And the problem seems intermittent. I’ll pay more attention to see if there is a "pattern" to when my login is required again. So far, today, no issues.

Comment

I suspect either a cache or cookie issue. Some conflict after the update. The old cache and/or cookies may have expired and now it is working as is should. Just my best guess.

Let me know if this issue continues. I will do what I can to help.

Comment

hmmmmm….GGCRS?
            sorry, could not resist 😂

Comment

So an upgrade is a downgrade.

Comment

raywjohnson So, things have been behaving after I cleared the data for AR from Safari. Looks like a case of the dreaded "stale cache" has been thwarted! Thanks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here