Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post and replies I can't access, did I say something wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post and replies I can't access, did I say something wrong?

Got a post I don't remember the gist of but it keeps coming up with the search engine can't find it. What to do now?

Typically, in my experience, that happens when a comment on a post has been deleted.

Comment

• Debra
      Debra commented
      Editing a comment
      I am having the same problem.

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      This is correct. The post or comment was most likely deleted.

Don't know how you're doing the search, but if you hit "options" in the search box, then "more options" in the drop down, there's a whole crap load (technical term) of filtering options that might help you find what you're looking for (assuming that it still exists as others have noted).

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't forget, there umpty bazillion crap loads in one crap ton

• johnec00
      johnec00 commented
      Editing a comment
      ecowper That's just an approximation, the actual number is 602,214,141,070,409,084,099,072 crap loads per crap ton.

Delete, delete, don't repeat,
    I posted a post I thought so sweet,
    But it smells worse than my feet,
    Not to offend I should remember,
    Crash and burn into an ember,
    To delete, delete, I will not repeat
    Last edited by bbqLuv; October 13, 2021, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      You earn a star on your forehead and a cold PBR for that bit of eloquence !!!

You can also try a google search on this site, like this:

Example: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...mazingribs.com
    Last edited by rickgregory; October 13, 2021, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Recently a member posted a topic and he made a typo in it, so he re-posted the same topic again, corrected. We deleted the old one since it was an outdated duplicate. This is an example of where a notification that you may have received would point you to an 'Oops! Error, this doesn't exist' page when you click it. If you go to your notifications, and select Filter, then 'Dismissed" or "Both", you can see old notifications. This might help you find who posted what you wnated to see by clicking their username and checking out their posts. Perhaps, if they reposted something, as in the example case above, you could track it down this way.

Click image for larger version  Name:	notifications.JPG Views:	0 Size:	93.6 KB ID:	1109393

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here