Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Length of comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Length of comments

Hi all,

Unless I'm mistaken (and my wife tells me ALL THE TIME that I am), you can write a lengthy original post but comments are limited to a certain number of characters requiring longer comments to go across 2, 3, or more "comment"s.

Can this be lengthened?

Comments are meant to be short sidebar conversations so there is a limit. It has actually been lengthened a couple times already. Sometimes brevity is best!

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes - you should try it I sez ducking, running and laughing...

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      cdb dbsa bz b

• Sweaty Paul
      Sweaty Paul commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

Hey, ya wanna be long winded, post it. Nobody’ll give a rip.
    Oh, tell yer wife she’s right. 🕶
    Last edited by FireMan; September 20, 2021, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• smokyYank
      smokyYank commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks my friend!

Don't nobody tell him comments are "500 characters or less" as appears in the comment window.

Comment

• smokyYank
      smokyYank commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, saw that, just wondered why...Got it now.

Hey, originally a tweet was limited to 140 characters. Even now, it's only 280. By comparison, 500 characters is practically encyclopedic!

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      500 characters, which means you may use all 26 letters for the alpha bet 20 times with 0.8333 of a letter left.
      Last edited by bbqLuv; September 21, 2021, 07:28 AM.

• Draznnl
      Draznnl commented
      Editing a comment
      Just wondering, bbqLuv , which 2 letters you are dropping from the alphabet?

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Draznnl "Just wondering, bbqLuv, which 2 letters you are dropping from the alphabet?" In answer, EZ but P already went.
      Last edited by bbqLuv; September 21, 2021, 07:32 AM.

Hint: if you've got something worthwhile to comment regarding the post of another person that will exceed the limits of the comment box that's what the quote feature is for. Quote the poster you're responding to and then remark as you think is necessary, call it Plan B if you wish.

Comment

• smokyYank
      smokyYank commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, unc!

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Hint: if you've got something worthwhile to comment regarding the post of another person that will exceed the limits of the comment box that's what the quote feature is for. Quote the poster you're responding to and then remark as you think is necessary, call it Plan B if you wish.
    That is correct! Good hint. Thanks.

Comment

IIRC, I'm th original blabbermouth that got comments increased to 500 chars, years ago.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup FireMan , seen it comin several weeks back, didn't wanna mention it, an make folks think I was from Texas LOL

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones set the bar so high for others to follow. But alas, only in our dreams

• smokyYank
        smokyYank commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Mr. Bones, a bit shy are we?

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here