Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cache FUBARed. Recent posts no workee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cache FUBARed. Recent posts no workee

I get that y'all need to cache the results but it's badly broken. As I type this at 4:11pm Pacific, I see these as the top posts in Most Recent:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_151712.png Views:	3 Size:	104.3 KB ID:	1079413
    If I click into the 'back to smoking' thread, there are maybe 10+ posts, not the 2 shown here.

More:
    OS - MacOS 11.5.2
    Browser: Safari 14.1.2

Browser cache cleared and force reloaded. This happens on a fresh download of Firefox too.

raywjohnson
    Last edited by rickgregory; August 18, 2021, 06:08 PM.

The system has a setting for how long to cache results. That was set to 7 minutes. This is how long it can take before new posts will show in the "Recent Posts". The lower the number, the more loading of the server. I moved that down to 3 minutes. So basically you will see the most recent posts that are at least 3 minutes old.

Let me know if that does not improve things.

PS: forgot to mention that this is cached on the server, not your browser. So clearing your cache will not effect it.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      As always, Ray: Thanks fer alla yer hard work, Bug-Huntin, an Cat-herdin, Brother!

It is much appreciated, Sir!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 18, 2021, 07:23 PM. Reason: Capital Ray...

Yeah it's fine now. The 7 minute thing wasn't a problem, it's that the cache hadn't cleared for hours (note the 11am posts at the top at 4pm)

Comment

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that is something I can look into. There are occasional DB issues with the search cache (I get a email alert). These might be the culprit. I have not found the cause yet. But I will keep working on it.

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I don't see it a lot (I'm used to the several minute delay) but a 5 hour delay was exceptional, hence the post.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here