Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FEATURE REQUEST: Replying to old threads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be amazing is if a spamming trial member were to spam this thread.

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! Something similar happened not long ago in a thread about spammers.

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      Spamception!

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      I really want this to happen. I think I’m going to have to create a sock puppet trial member just to do this.

I love looking at old posts. It is fun to see how things have changed. Be it how you cook, how you post pics, how you take pics and how we all interacted "back in the day" Plus, there is a ton of great stuff in those old posts.

I get it, the SPAMers are a pain. And some random post about a random chicken cook may not be that interesting, but I can always not click on it, or brush it off. (That being said, I have to click on every post as apart of my job, but you get what I am saying)

The Trial members need to see what it is like interact with people in the forum, simply making it so all they can do is observe, really does not give them the full experience of being a member.

I think a "trial" should be ja trial.... let them TRY it out. As Huskee mentioned, we get a lot of turn over from the trail members, so the SPAM issue, to me, is worth it. Even If I get a ton of SPAM reports in my inbox from members and staff a day. If we can bring some BBQ knowledge and this great community to more people by letting them try it out for free, SWEET!

Comment

• Davek8282
      Davek8282 commented
      Editing a comment
      Remember when Panhead John first joined and it was thought he might be a spammer? Turned out for the best (at least mostly)

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Davek8282 LOL, I still think that old coot is a SPAMMER sometimes. LOL (Love you Panhead John )

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      We see it all! Believe it or not. And if we put that button in, then we loose control of the nut house!!!!! Panhead John

What about cutting the trial period to 2 weeks?

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I vote 3 weeks & 2 days.
      Anybody feelin a poll comin on!

It amuses me no end that this thread is 2 pages long with 53 posts.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Reckon we'uns is jus a chatty lot, eh?

I find that Delightful...

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll be more amused 3 years from now when this thread pops back up.

Part of me likes the spammers bringing up old posts, maybe because they often find some random thing I would never search for... so sometimes I learn some new stuff...

The only change I would make to trial accounts is either don't let those accounts edit posts, or don't let them hyperlink. Regardless, the Mods are pretty quick to delete them.

Comment

Originally posted by rickgregory View Post
      It amuses me no end that this thread is 2 pages long with 53 posts.
      If it never gets old and buried it can't be resurrected.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here