Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can't like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't like

When I try to like a posting I get this error message. This is just since tonight
    Error

Error information: " 503 error "

I had the same issue … until I cleared my browser cache and history (Safari on iOS 14.7.1). All seemed ok but now the problem is back. So I cleared it all again and it seems ok now.
    Last edited by MBMorgan; August 8, 2021, 01:09 AM.

Comment

503 = Courtesy Like Not Accepted

Comment

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        But it works after clearing browser cache/history. Perhaps after things settle down it won’t be necessary to keep doing that?

This is the cloudflare protection. When you click the like button, there is an Ajax call to the server, and the expected return data should be in JSON format. But cloudflare intercepts with the "browser check" page (which is all HTML). So vbulletin throws an error.

Just refresh the page a few times and try again.

I am working on this issue. Trying to find a way to have cloudflare ignore Ajax calls.

Comment

Update. I think I found a way to allow the Ajax calls to pass through cloudflare.

Let me know if you get any more 503 or other errors when trying to Post, Like, etc.

Comment

I can’t dismiss a notification.

Comment

raywjohnson - I just got the error.

Comment

Getting the error even after several page refreshes

Comment

Still getting the error after several refresfes

Comment

Working now. Thanks!

Comment

Spoke to early. The errors are back.

Comment

Yup,they is here.

Comment

Just noticed I can’t like anything either but my grand daughter got ahold of my phone so who knows what she got into.

Comment

To avoid that error message do not tap 👍🏽Like, so there is no reason to complain.

Comment

Still no luck for me getting past the errors.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here