Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server having troubles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be another damn attack, for which we have pretty good defenses, and it could be maintenance. We are setting up a new backup server. Then again it could be sunspots or the Witches of Eastwick.

Comment

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta be the rib-boilers. Those terrorists are such a pain.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      If I hadda choose, amongst those choices, I'm lean heavily t'wards th witches...Smokin Hotties

We need a bigger server!

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      We all need bigger servers or am I projecting personal inadequacies?

• wu7y
      wu7y commented
      Editing a comment
      At my age a bigger server would be a waste of resources. I rarely project much of anything any more.

I am glad we are back up. I was beginning to shake uncontrollably.

Thank you all for your great support.

Comment

Put on yer mask that’ll take care of things.
      Oh, ya mean it doesn’t matter? Same difference.

Comment

Over 561,000 users on now at 7:10pm EDT. Closing in on the record.

Comment

Still happening. Reminds me of the DDoS attacks in the early days of the internet.

Comment

We are under a DDOS attack. For the last 20 hours. I forgot to activate the ""Under Attack Mode" in Cloudflare. I just did that and it seems to be working. Loading and access logs are way down.

You will see the "checking browser" page every once in a while. And some features can be blocked. Like image uploading. If you get an odd error, just save your work and refresh the page and try again.

I will be monitoring.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Many thanks fer all ya do, Brother; It is greatly appreciated by this lowly one...

I (briefly) doff My Beloved Cowboy Hat, in yer general direction, Good Sir!

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, I think the shaking is going away.

• RustyHaines
              RustyHaines commented
              Editing a comment
              raywjohnson Thank you for all you do for us Sir.

Finally! Not that I am addicted or anything, but I can post again! Thank you!!!

Comment

raywjohnson - User #’s still going up. 575,000++ at 10pm EDT

Comment

There are more than 565,000 "guests" online now. Is there a way to limit the guests? I know some guests are bots for google and other search engines but the vast majority of these "guests" (95%+) are malicious.

Comment

The New Server "Me Too" movement.

Comment

Still having problems. Can't seem to post replies in the jokes thread. Getting 503 error report. Can't dismiss the messages either. No big deal for me but I thought the Gurus would want to know.
                    Last edited by wu7y; August 8, 2021, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• raywjohnson
                      raywjohnson commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep. This is cloudflare blocking. The post is via Ajax, cloudflare responds with the browser check page, vbulletin throws an error as it is expecting JSON not HTML. When this happens refresh the page (F5) to get cloudflare to test your browser normally, then try to post. I am trying to figure out how to filter out Ajax calls so that cloudflare will leave them be.

The "There are currently ###### members online." info a little misleading as it keeps count for 24 hours after the last access.

So that number will start to get small again over the next 20 hours or so (24 hours after I enabled the blocking).

Comment

Update. I think I found a way to allow the Ajax calls to pass through cloudflare.

Let me know if you get any more 503 or other errors when trying to Post, Like, etc.

Comment

• RustyHaines
                        RustyHaines commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you raywjohnson. My usual Sunday morning access to this digital Tome of BBQ Knowledge is working flawlessly !

• Jim White
                        Jim White commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’m still getting the errors on my Windows laptop in Chrome but not on my iPhone in Chrome. 🤷‍♂️

raywjohnson When trying to like, post comments to posts, or type a member's username I get: Error_Information_x-1

I've refreshed my browser several times - Firefox. I can't dismiss notifications either.
                      Last edited by 58limited; August 8, 2021, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• 58limited
                        58limited commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Never mind. I did a computer restart and used a tune up program to wipe out the cache and browser data. That seems to have fixed the problems.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here