Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error message ? Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message ? Bug?

I got an error message when trying to look at my notification:
    arslanshanu and -1 others have posted on your subscription: Sous-Vide-Que Deep Dive Guide eBook
    Dismiss

I am sure RayJ would like to know what the error message was so he can help better.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_150046.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	1068254 Here's the message

Comment

Originally posted by new2smoking View Post
      I got an error message when trying to look at my notification:
      arslanshanu and -1 others have posted on your subscription: Sous-Vide-Que Deep Dive Guide eBook
      Dismiss
      The post that is linked to (pitmaster.amazingribs.com/node/1068108) was deleted as is was spam (arslanshanu is a spammer and has been banned).

Unfortunately, the system does not remove the notices from your list. So the notice and link (to the deleted post) are still there.

I will update the error message to explain that a little better.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for blocking spammers!

raywjohnson Good to know, I’ve been gittin these too…

Comment

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry about that. I looked into implementing a way to auto remove the notices from members Messages area when a topic or post gets deleted. No simple way to do that. I would think that the makers of the software (vBulletin) would have implemented this. But took the lazy route. Which is the way of the programmer.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I also git em, like so:

@Valid Current Mber and -1 have liked / posted a comment, etc.; there's no way to navigate to see what th non-banned member has/had to say, an I've jus hadda dismiss em...

thought this info might help, when squashin bugs...

raywjohnson

Thanks fer all ya do, Brother!

Consorting with spammers.

Comment

And here I was, ready to drop the check into the mail in order to help a Nigerian prince recover his stollen gold, or bank account, or brisket. He promised me the burnt ends in return.

Comment

Typically when a notice gets an error page like that it's because either the main topic was deleted (offensive, spam, etc) or the individual post in question was deleted for a similar reason.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here