Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like button missing from Comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like button missing from Comments?

I thought there was a "Like" button on Comments. Looking at many Posts this morning, but the only button seems to be "Flag".

I was looking through an active thread, and some comment threads had it and others did not.
    Was weird.

Comment

I think it is a common bug. Try refreshing your browser

Comment

That happens to me a lot on my iPad. Also, I lose the "top" button sometimes and have to scroll up to the top of the page myself. It’s been doing it for a long time.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a' Time Out'...

Yeah, I saw this today. It's weird, some posts on a thread have them, others don't. Inconsistent bugs are the best bugs lol....

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup.

When you make a post, comment, or otherwise do something on the page, the Like button will go away.

Simply refresh. If it doesn't come back after a simple refresh, do a hard refresh (cache clear) by pressing Ctrl+F5 (PC), or Cmnd+R (Mac).

Here's RayJ's explanation from an earlier topic about this, this in particular is about the Signature icon disappearing, but I believe (and I could be misunderstanding) the reason for the disappearance is the same for both:

"When you post to an existing Topic via the form at the bottom, the data is sent and received via an AJAX call. Which is why the page does not refresh when you post. The call is in Javascript code (in the background) and it just updates the page directly (no need to refresh the entire page).

The code that controls this does not parse the signature and add it to the result. So, the new post does not contain the "parsedSignature" data and it does not display the icon.

So, that is why you do not see your signature icon when you post, but it shows when you refresh the page (that code does parse the signature and populate the parsedSignature field).

A poor design in my view as the AJAX call and the regular page refresh code (that renders the post) should be the same code, but the designers of vBulletin apparently do not see it that way."

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          So...
          Now I understand how to alleviate/fix this problem...

Please, 'Splain to me, why I havedta?

FVb

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear ya Mr. Bones. We didn't build & wire this place, we're just Airbnb'ing it for the time being. It does the job, quirks notwithstanding.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I gits it, Brother... Ain't rantin an ravin, but it is (vBulletin) doubtless th most annoyin collection of code to ever happen down th Pike, since Win95

Huskee

In no way, shape, form, or fashion knockin any AR Crew...!!!!

As a Programmer...I just Faarkin Detest Shitey Code....
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 24, 2021, 12:22 PM.

I have had this happen on Win 10, Android, an iOS (work issued iPad.)

Yup, I cain fix it, usin refresh...(or hard refresh)

Seems like th best approach would be to be able to address / eradicate th Bug within VBulletin, if currently possible, ...???

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Believe us, there are several things we wish we could fix in vB but it's like Windows, it's the version they've put out, bug..I mean "features"..included. Only so much customization can be done- Ray's done a LOT but it's still a Ford.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee , I TOTALLY git that, Brother!
          Been round through alla that Bull Jazz, since waaayyy afore MS-DOS 1 came out...

Hence th carefully chosen verbiage, above. ^^^

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here