Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grill ratings filters not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grill ratings filters not working

If I go into grill ratings and try to narrow down by grill type, fuel source, etc., 'Go' button does nothing. I've tried on iPad Safari, Mac Safari, Mac Chrome, Windows Edge. It's funny, the reset button works fine and will gladly wipe out all my selections, but the go button does nothing. Say I put in grills/propane gas. Click Go, nothing, PKGO is still first item on page with MAK 2 Star right below it.

Thanks glitchy, I will forward this to the powers that be.

Comment

Same here. Windows 10/ Chrome, and Android/Firefox. Don't look at me glitchy was the last one to touch it.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow Will Wedirect Much?

Simply amazing when a glitchy finds a glitch.

Who are you and how did you find a glitch?

I'm glitchy and I'm glitchy.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL, I used to race RC cars, so glitchy comes from there, but I’m also an IT guy by trade that started in QA, so glitchy kinda fits. I know how to break things AND report them. Otherwise, the issue would have been "Yo, reviews broke".

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        In hindsight I wish my online handle was Million Dollar Man...

Yes and he is searching.....watching and waiting to see what he comes up with

Comment

A new Weber gas grill has glitchy's name on it with a big red bow.

Comment

Hello everyone. Sorry for the confusion. The search feature actually runs asymmetrically. So, the search function operates automatically as soon as you change your selections. The "GO" button doesn't do anything because your search is adjusted as soon as you select something else. I thought we removed the GO button a while ago. But I will check to see if there is any reason to keep it.

Thanks for the input.

Big Jim

Comment

BigJim That explains why I didn’t even see the go button the day before. However, the filters don’t seem to be applying automatically either. See attached below for example.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by glitchy; July 14, 2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

This is all my doing. When you click on a search filter the results adjust automatically, no Go button needed. But people aren't used to that. So they complained that there was no Go button. They didn't realize that their search was done already instantaneously without a go button. So I told the webmaster to put a fake Go button so people could click on something because that is the way search works on Google and elsewhere. Damned if we do, damned if we don't. I will tell the web team to NOT update the results instantaneously and wait til after the go button is clicked.

Comment

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                Personally, I’m fine with or without the go button, but it doesn’t seem to work either way. You can see in the pic I’ve selected things that should exclude the products shown.

• willxfmr
                willxfmr commented
                Editing a comment
                Still agreeing with glitchy Doesn't matter if I click the go button or not. With the filters of grill and charcoal applied, I still get the PK Go as the first result, Mak 2 Star as the second, and a gasser as the third.

willxfmr Help me reproduce the errors. Tell me exactly your search criteria so I can duplicate it and share it with the tech team.

Comment

Meathead From the product review page (https://amazingribs.com/grill-and-sm..._type=charcoal) I applied these filters:
                Grill
                $400-$599
                Charcoal

The page did not automatically apply the filters, nor did clicking the go button update the page. My results stayed exactly as they are in the picture posted by glitchy above.

For reference, the result is the same if I do the search on my Windows10/Firefox computer, or Android/Chrome phone.

Out of habit I did try a Ctrl F5 refresh of the search page on my computer, and I have also cleared the browser cache on my computer. Neither of these things changed the results.

Hopefully this help.
                Last edited by willxfmr; July 14, 2021, 06:12 PM. Reason: rebability

Comment

FYI, I did find if I hit one of the curated lists, those filters apply, but I still cannot add additional. What I’m referring to is following a link to specific reviews from one of the buying guides for pellet grill or gassers. Not sure if that helps at all figuring it out.

Comment

tl/dr: Start from the Homepage and navigate to the Product Search page. You have to manually refresh the browser to get the filters to apply. On refresh, all filters are applied correctly.

Well now this is odd. I followed the link from my explanation post, and it took me to the review page with the filters correctly applied. So I tried a new search following the path from https://amazingribs.com/ to https://amazingribs.com/grill-and-smoker-search and tried my search again. Still no luck. However, if I refresh the page, then the filters apply correctly. To recreate this, I used the link I posted above (https://amazingribs.com/grill-and-sm..._type=charcoal) then changed the search filters to: Smoker, Wood Pellets. Again the search did not update as the filters were applied, and clicking the "GO" button had no effect. Once more, refreshing the page with either the button built in to the browser or F5 reloaded the page with the correct filters applied.
                    Last edited by willxfmr; July 14, 2021, 10:53 PM.

Comment

We are looking into this. There may be a cacheing issue. But again, the GO button is fake, it has NO effect it is there simply because people expect it.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Meathead commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As I explained above, we felt it was necessary because people didn't get the fact that the results were being updated instantly. We got complaints. We are stydying our options.

• glitchy
                        glitchy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You might have gotten the complaints because the filters aren’t applying instantly (At least for some of us)

• willxfmr
                        willxfmr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So I have to DOUBLE click the GO button? Got ya! It all makes sense now. 😂

By my assessment, and after deep detailed review, it is glitchy’s fault. If he wouldn’t have joined, we wouldn’t have this problem.

Comment

• glitchy
                        glitchy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        C’mon now, every system has at least one glitch in it. Don’t make me follow Panhead John over to BBQ Brethren. I can only take so much stick burner talk…lately the motto there is if you don’t have time to sling logs, you might as well order takeout.

• Panhead John
                        Panhead John commented
                        Editing a comment
                        glitchy Being a charter member over at BBQ Brethren, I can get you in for half price.

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        glitchy Yeah them stick-burnin' folk are a rude elitist breed...

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here