Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I Block Someone on the Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I block myself? I'm occasionally offended by what I write.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      you'll never know until you try.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried to block myself, but as Huskee said. Mods cant be blocked, so I guess I am stuck with myself.

• wu7y
      wu7y commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's funny right there. Reminds me of a story I heard years ago about Groucho Marx. He resigned his membership in, reportedly, the Friar's Club, a very prestigious and exclusive men's club back east. The club asked him why he was resigning and he replied, "I cannot belong to any organization which would have me as a member".

For future reference, the Help page is your friend.

You can find Help in the main red menu bar, it's the very first tab. That page takes you to our FAQ & How-To article list. It covers nearly everything we could think of on how to self-service your membership and do different forum-related things here. Some you might not have even known about.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Mosca I have 2 guesses for the recent past. We've had a few doozy members who played nice at first then got crazy and mean and purposely breaking our forum rules as if to taunt us. Rare though considering we're north of 17,000 members and probably a couple hundred active in the forums.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee we had a rule for the forum I worked with, 1 in 500 would stir the pot, 1 in 1000 would intentionally jump back and forth over the line, and 1 a year would intentionally do things to get banned. I'm constantly amazed at how little trouble we have here with the total member count!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. I was here for that one. Y’all gave him many warnings I understand.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here