Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I Block Someone on the Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I Block Someone on the Forum?

anyone know how to do this? is it even possible?

From your profile page, click Edit Settings.
    From the Settings Page, select the Account tab.
    Scroll down to the box with Ignore List.
    Type the username of the person you would like to block. It will pull a list of users if you enter a partial name... Pot will get you a list of users who start with Pot, like me.

I'm sorry you feel the need to block someone.

Comment

• Daba's BBQ
      Daba's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      TY very much

Crap. Now I know why no one responds to my posts anymore... you are all blocking me! Admit it!

Comment

• Beefchop
      Beefchop commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John and ecowper I mean, if you aren't pressure washing and pre-warming your wood then you may as well be cooking with yak dung.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Y’all got me to thinking. I think we should start preheating our charcoal. Gonna put me a chimney full in the oven. I’ll let y’all know how that works out.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Beefchop so you're saying yak dung isn't good to cook with?

If it were me, I'd hang out for a bit longer to get a better feel for the community here before blocking folks, especially for their responses on a thread where the overwhelming majority of responders completely disagreed with your position, but that is just me.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Second this!

• Daba's BBQ
      Daba's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      The guy I blocked was simply rude. I have no desire to be called names and what not. I come here to enjoy myself, learn, have fun and talk about our passion and love for 'cue, food, etc. 99.999% of the folks here are great. I just needed to get rid of one guy. Peace

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Daba's BBQ
      I can't think of who that might be. As you indicated, most folks here are totally civilized and understand that as long as you stay away from personal attacks, politics, and religion we can all get along and enjoy our common interests and maybe have a laugh or two along the way. There are a few who like to engage in some friendly banter, but it's not malicious and generally by mutual consent. Maybe instead of blocking the guy you had a problem with you could PM him and talk it out.

At least pay for the subscription before you block members.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I have the same comment. I didn't realize full features were available to a Trial Subscriber. Pay your dues and you can block all your little heart desires !!

• Daba's BBQ
      Daba's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Already taken care of

I better get one more out before I'm blocked PBC, P

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Too late! 😂

How come I can't see what OP posted?

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like the Mod Squad deleted the problem.

It never even occurred to me that I could block someone here. Don't think I'd want to. Even the blind squirrels around here come up with some nuts occasionally.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve R. If we all did that, this place would be a ghost town.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Did somebody just reply to me? I can't see anything.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, what’s going on? Where is everybody? I know y’all were here a while ago, I seen yall. Come back. Damn it’s dark in here.

I tied blocking Panhead John but he's like a pesky planter's wort, he just keeps coming back

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Secret posts? Do y’all also have a special "double secret handshake" when greeting one another?

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh PJ, it's waaayyyyyy more than a "double secret handshake", but.................you'll never know.............

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Look Steve, you’re from Texas. PJ Is from Texas. There;s an secret codicil in the Pit that crazy ass Texans can’t block each other

thanks, everyone. I got what I needed.

Comment

Been here since 2017 and did not know how to block someone. Had not thought about it. I would give whomever a chance. This is an incredible group of people.

Comment

BTW you all can't block Meathead, Spinaker, Jerod, and I, the system is hard-wired so that you're stuck with us! Mwah-ha-ha-ha

Comment

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          I do have an off button

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess some people are just more specialer than others

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha

three point stance, Set! Hut one! Hut two! Hut three! Hike!

Comment

@Dabas BBQ I understand where you drew offense, at being called a cuss-word, but not in the usual joking manner which we can sometimes use on each other. Also, I confess I 'liked' the comment in which you were personally insulted, and I regret that. I agree with most of the comments pushing back regarding the substance of your OP, but I also agree with Meathead and you that we can make our points without personal attacks.

This is not the first time I have apologized for online behavior. It can be easy to be disrespectful when we aren't looking at another human, but instead an avatar on a laptop.

There is always the possibility that the poster who you have blocked may similarly feel regret for that extra un-needed insult. If so, someone here can probably put you together on a PM?

Best to all, now back to boiling my vegan ribs, so I can serve them up on Panhead John 's plates!

Daniel

Comment

• Daba's BBQ
            Daba's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            I was born and raised in NYC. I worked as a bartender at 15 and owned my own wine bar/restaurant in NYC. I am not thin-skinned by any means whatsoever. People can call me whatever the hell they want. I don't care. But, that is not why I joined Pitmaster to come to this website. I come here to learn get educated and maybe offer some tips, recipes, and advice of my own. As we all are, I am very passionate about these topics and absolutely love the camaraderie that is found here. IMHO, it is the be

I’m genuinely distressed to read this. I’m sorry that someone acted that way.

If it helps, I’ll say this: I’m kind of a dummy about forums and personalities. Most everyone sorta gets all mixed together in my head, reduced to, "Oh yeah, that guy’s okay." "That guy is one of the moderators." "That guy is new and needs some help." "That guy is new, but sorta knows what he’s doing." "That guy is funny." "That guy is helpful." "That guy takes great photos." etc etc etc. "That guy is Panhead John." (j/k, PJ.)

This is the only forum that I participate in. There were others, but I don’t have the time nor the interest to bother with them any more. What I’m getting to is, every day is a new day. Every login is a new chance. We only get one chance to make a first impression, but we also get lots of other chances to correct it, if we are allowed.

When I started here, I learned. When I learned, I gave back. People come and go. Some people (most people, actually, by a huge margin) only read, logging in to search for answers and then logging out without ever even bothering with introductions. Those of us who stick around, we have a social itch we like to scratch. We like to share, and we like to have stuff shared with us. Keep in mind that the same guy can be crude and insulting one time, and be incredibly helpful and gracious the next. It’s just how some people are. I’ve blown up at some really stupid stuff, and been pretty embarrassed afterward. (Not here.) I did the work I had to do to rebuild the trust I’d wasted. It took time, but time is the only thing we have.

Do what you want. I like what you’ve shared. Keep an open mind.
          Last edited by Mosca; July 13, 2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            One thing I will add…..thank God for the edit and delete buttons. Sometimes my 11th brain cell kicks in.

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John dang right there …. Sometimes on a Sunday morning I’ve been immensely grateful that the cancel button existed.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            ecowper 😂 You’re right on with that one. Sometimes ya go "Do I really want to get banned"?

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here