Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow ... not feeling love of this 'community' ... it was just a suggestion i.e. the point of this section? anyway back into my hole and look for a downunder BBQ site.

Comment

As someone who lives down under and in the same country as you I can assure you. You will not find a better BBQ site to help you with your cooking skills. I have been a member for 6 years here..

There is a great group of regular posters here who welcome newcomers. (Even Kiwi's
      Last edited by Ahumadora; July 4, 2021, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I should point out that we're not a sweepstakes company and we're not a lottery website whose purpose is to offer prizes.

We're a BBQ & cooking website with 1000s of free pages of recipes, reviews, science & mythbusting, with a membership division that offers what we feel is a great (and continually expanding) array of benefits to our members who support us, including a sense of community and fellowship here in our forum, The Pit. If someone walks into a party, guns blazing, it's likely to expect some other partygoers to not appreciate that and come to the party-thrower's aid.

One extra benefit, to those on the same chunk of dirt as we are, is that we can legally offer prizes here that we can't legally offer our dear members who live across borders, for the reasons outlined in our rules section and highlighted above. Not because we don't want to, and certainly not because our American members are better or more valuable. It's an add-on that we think makes this place even more fun, it is not anyone's focus of this here Pitmaster Club, hopefully.

Comment

I read the rules and came in with my eyes open, no big deal I'm not going to benefit from these draws.
          If you need a new Q that badly start a #gofundme page.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn’t even know we offered prizes here until a month after I joined.

I signed up to The Pit when I was living in the US. I didn't and don't really care about the sweepstakes -- that's not why I joined. I joined for the quality of information and interaction.

That said, I sometimes find the number and degree of US-specific opinions expressed here, um, uncomfortable. Some posters seem to forget that the love of food and cooking is international, as is our membership. Some of us weren't "Made in America" and although we may be veterans, we're not veterans of the US military; and although we may have opinions on American policies and governance, we usually manage not to inject them into our posts on food and cooking.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
            GolfGeezer commented
            Editing a comment
            Well said. Hits me right between the "holier than thou" eyes that I have sometimes expressed and will really strive to be more aware of the world The Pit embraces.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Guilty myself. Well said Robert. I can do better also.

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. The good news is simple awareness like this post will help posters learn and adjust.

Since grantgallagher covered ‘22 & Mr. Bones covered’23, I’ll cover ‘24 if I’m still on this planet.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here