Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International members

Kia Ora from down under,
    As an international member i feel ripped off each month ... having news of lucky winners among the pitmasters club community and knowing there is no effort made to include international members. I like the forum but will likely be among the 10-15% of members that drop off when my sub comes due #jussayin

Every country has their own rules for contests and can you imagine the trying to meet the requirements for every country that has Pit members? And in 9 months, the only thing you can contribute to The Pit is a complaint??

Comment

It is Amazing the wealth of info and community on this site and all some can do is complain. You don't have to 'wait' until September to drop off, that can be done anytime.
      Some folks bring us joy when they arrive, some when they leave...

Comment

Welcome from Virginia! Been a member for years and have never won, but that is not why I am here. I assure you if you were to participate you would find a ton of value. Then again if you joined just to win a prize.......?

Comment

As an international member, I'm not here for the contest, but rather the incredible content and community. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Comment

Tell you what. The next Weber Performer I score on craigslist or FB marketplace is yours. Just swing by and pick it up.

Comment

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            You have until the 12th

Yeah, it’s a crying shame you blew your life savings of $24. and hadn’t won yet. I’d be pissed too. Do you honestly think people join here for the prizes? And this is your first post?
          Last edited by Panhead John; June 26, 2021, 05:57 AM. Reason: People said be nicer.

Comment

The Celtic Pakeha

I win a prize every time I login. It might be one of PJ's silly top 5 lists, Ernest making a hamburger with fried egg look like a work of art, or one of Troutmans amazing write-ups of who knows what this time. I get invaluable advise from folks like Hank, Hawker, glitchy, and a whole long list of others. I get inspired by people like Fireman, Richard, jfmorris, and SheliaAnn. Not to mention the really fancy swag I got from my Secret Santa last year. The monthly giveaway is just a bonus for those lucky enough to win it. Sorry it can't be open to everyone everywhere. I'm sure if it could be done with any sort of reasonable effort, Meathead and Husky would have done it already. If everything you can get from being a member here isn't enough to keep you subscribing, without a chance to win the giveaway too, then I wish you safe travels, and great happiness. For me, if last months giveaway was the last one ever, I can say without out any doubt, I'm still getting far more out of being a member than it cost me each year.
            Last edited by willxfmr; June 25, 2021, 10:46 PM.

Comment

I am saddened to hear of yer decision, Amigo.

I wish ya nuthin but th very best of luck, in This Life, an hope to, mebbe someday meet ya out on th Trail...

(I'll do th cookin, natch...)
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 25, 2021, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Hey all... let's not gang up on the OP. Show some class, please.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tango Yankee , rickgregory

Thought fer a minute, I mighta slipped, fell back into some...

I tries me Hard not to, on a daily basis, but; it'd be surprisin to most folks, how often I haveta clean my boot soles...
                  Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 26, 2021, 04:21 PM.

• rickgregory
                  rickgregory commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You and me both Bones. You and me both...

• gregtr1
                  gregtr1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree. It gets a little tiresome reading lectures, usually from the same few people who seem to think they own the place, about what constitutes a "good member" of this forum. Perhaps we could quantify just how many posts one must make in order to be considered a member in good standing?

Spend your money on a lottery ticket or some or other raffle.
                This is a BBQ site with the best advice one can get out there. I feel embarrassed every year that my subs go off because I get the feeling I should be paying far more for all I have benefited.
                Winning the tools doesn't give you the ability, Having the wisdom of the pit at your finger tips almost assures your success.
                Use the forum for what it was set up for and try your luck at competition's if winning something is what you're after.

Comment

.................................................. .................................................. ...............................................

Comment

• Stuey1515
                    Stuey1515 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Me doing what my mother told me about, if you can't say something nice

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nicely Done, Mate!
                    Sláinte!!!

I see your point I would feel left out as well. Unfortunately I think the varied and complex regulations and prohibitive shipping costs make it impossible to include the international members in the monthly sweepstakes. I'm sure that was all spelled out when you joined.

That said, nau mai I hope you stick around. This site has raised my cooking skills beyond what I thought was possible. If you stay you can learn much and enjoy some camaraderie.

Comment

The Celtic Pakeha i can assure you its not lack of effort. As mentioned before, regulations and shipping costs make it a non starter. Ill happily pay your membership on this renewal if you want to stick around and benefit from the site and be an active part of the community

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll gladly pay an additional year...

"knowing there is no effort made to include international members"

This is pretty clear to me. Right there in the rules section.

https://amazingribs.com/contest-and-...iveaways#rules
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Panhead John; June 26, 2021, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here