Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tagging someone nuked a post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagging someone nuked a post?

I was writing a fairly long reply to a post and almost finished and was trying to tag someone and as soon as I clicked on their name in the drop down menu my entire post disappeared, and then immediately auto-saved. So that post is gone, which is pretty bloody infuriating, since now I'll either have to re-type the whole thing or just not bother.

Safari 14.1 on macOS 10.14.6

You were tagging Panhead John weren't you?

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do you pick on poor old Panhead John
      Sound like fun, how may the rest of us join in the fun?
      Last edited by bbqLuv; June 16, 2021, 10:39 AM.

No, I was taggingTroutman, but they're both in Texas, so close enough.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch!! That's gonna sting................

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      both from Texas, and I thought he was the Lone Star.

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      You're close..........for PJ it's Loon Star.

You could hand write it, put it in an envelope & then send it to him. Mebbee it wouldn’t get lost.

Comment

You lost your post and it can't be restored via auto-save??

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Broussard nearly 10,000 posts. You get a star on your forehead !!!

Write it out in a word processor, copy and paste. Problem solved. Your welcome.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Or tag first, then type out. But yeah, we put all our stuff at work on Word first.

You must have somehow had the text selected for the tagging to delete all your text. I've had that happen too. I usually just hit ESC and cancel out of the tag auto-completion these days.

Comment

jfmorris Nope, nothing was selected. If it had been typing the '@' hold have replaced the selection. What happened was I typed '@Tro', selected Troutman's name in the dropdown menu, and the whole post got nuked. And then it auto-saved the empty text box, so whole post gone.

Just weird and frustrating.

Comment

I have tried to emulate this problem. I would like to figure it out. Can you recall anything else? Keys you may have hit, mouse actions? Did anything else on the page change or flash? Any little thing you can recall could be very helpful.

As someone that writes code, I understand how all the different tech can (and often does) conflict. Keyboard shortcuts are one area that I would like to see the OS, Browser, and Website agree on.

One thing I will look into. Prevent the Auto Save from saving a blank post. That is annoying. An useless.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here