Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't see comments on recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see comments on recipes

I can't read the comments on any of the recipes I look at on the free site. It is the same on my phone or computer. I am probably just missing something but when I click on "click for comments" at the bottom of a recipe page it just makes the "click for comments" disappear and I can't read the comments that I always could in the past.

Try refreshing your browser cache. If there was a change that controls the comments display, your browser might still have the previous version in it's cache.

Comment

Thanks, I will try it. The problem could be I am running windows xp on my desk top with an unsupported browser. I may have to switch to my lap top

Comment

Possibly. The site should work fine on all OS+Browser combinations. Let me know which OS and Browser you are using. Might be a quirk in that somewhere.

Comment

Hi Ray, thanks for your input - but this is an email issue. I am running Mail on an iMac, and have not run into this email continual duplication problem before today. It was only the "Firing Up Fathers Day with Barbecue & grilling..." promotional email from @AmazingRibs.com that did this. My OS is macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Comment

No worries. I am here to help. And happy to do so.

As for the email debacle. That must have been a big oops during the sending process.

Comment

The comments on the recipes on the free side are powered by an external service called Disqus and some ad blockers will, uh, block it

Comment

• raywjohnson
                raywjohnson commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes! Thank you. I forget about... uhhhh... things and stuff. I mean ad blockers!

So on my desktop I have Windows XP and Firefox. I tried refreshing the browser cache, clearing history and logging out and it did not work. I tried my laptop which runs Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge and it worked perfectly. I guess it is time to move on from my old desk top. I have problems with other applications as well on it. I just love the 32 inch screen it has! Thanks for the help.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here