Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dates on Reviews on the Free Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dates on Reviews on the Free Site

Max Good just a suggestion to move the published and revised dates on your reviews to the top of each review. You have to scroll almost all the way to the bottom to see when the review was published, and any revision date. Kind of helps with context. Thxs.

Good point.

For example, the Grilla and Silverbac now have WiFi but the Silverbac review which refers to no WiFi hasn’t been updated. The last update for the Silverbac was 3/18/21 which is before the release of WiFi. So, an eagle-eyed reader would be "ok fine" and maybe check the Grilla website for new info, but others might be like "No WiFi" and move on.

Personally I think it makes sense to do more reviews like the SmokeFire where it was a blog like updates so maybe just insert a note at the top of the review indicating WiFi is available and the review will be revised, until the rest of the review can be revised and updated.

Comment

Time and tide wait for no man, woman, or binary.
      Neither does upgrades, new products in the ever-expanding world of BBQ.

Comment

I agree with this....this caused me some confusion when I was recently researching pellet grills. (And I hadn't noticed that the published and last modified dates were indeed at the very bottom.)

What also might be helpful is a revision history, so we know what has changed. Something like this:

10/15/2019: Legs are now made of aluminum and not anodized steel.
        4/12/2017: Reworded paragraph on the deflector plate to better describe the airflow around it.
        8/20/2015: Corrected a few minor typos.
        3/2/2015: Original published review date.

Comment

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          Your legs are now aluminum???

• Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          Aircraft-grade, of course. It's all the rage now.

Good points. I'll discuss this with the crew.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here