Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For The Few Who Complain About Our Recommended Products As Ads...Count Your Blessings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup! I'm glad you posted this, it adds a great perspective. Many people are used to simple blogs (of which we are not) that don't have big costs and therefore little to zero ads. I HATE the videos that auto-play, it is beyond frustrating and often leads me to exit out of that site w/o further reading or pageviews.

Comment

• Grillin Dad
      Grillin Dad commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear ya on the auto-play videos. The worst, in my experience, is the NFL app for iPad. It auto-plays every single video and even has a pop-up for other videos. It takes 3 clicks and going to another screen to turn them off. This is especially bad for me, as I regularly check the app while at work. I can’t have my boss hearing these videos and knowing that I’m slacking off on the clock! C’MON MAN!!!

Huskee And one more thing...did ya see that guy’s ribs in my bottom picture? The first picture looked ok I guess, but he pulled em a little too early if ya ask me, hardly any meat had pulled back from the bone. But, that bottom pic of the ribs after being sliced..... the rib meat was white inside! I mean, it looked like burnt chicken breasts. Our guys and gals here at AR can smoke circles around those smoked meats.com people.
    Last edited by Panhead John; May 12, 2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Sumthin tells me that was likely an electric smoker or gas grill.

Thanks for the heads-up. I bought the "Girls trip cheaper than therapy 2021" shirt.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      In pink I hope?

Shut up I joined paid fee endless pop ups and I had Togo on Google to find out how to write to you
    your too kool for school is great for barbecue. Write me and tell me how to get rid of ads please. it is your job

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you got a virus or trojan or something throwing random stuff at you. None of us here have popups.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi mikie02835. Here is the direct link to the "Ads are not being blocked" article in the Help section, it will help you: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-being-blocked.

Please remember to use our Help section when you have questions or concerns such as this. You can find the Help section as the very first (far left) menu option in the main red menu bar when logged in. It contains a lot of FAQs and tutorials. Give it a whirl.

well thats an interesting way to leave the Pit I guess...

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      He's not a Former Member, he was, then he re-joined today but his title hadn't updated yet.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee that makes more sense, hopefully tbob's advise was helpful for him then

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was only kidding. I saw the post and your response. I thought what ads do I see in the wee hours of the morning?

I don't have any popups.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      I do when my toaster is in action.

Yeah, no popups here. And I have popups explicitly enabled for AmazingRibs.com in my Safari browser settings.

Comment

books don't have popup ads.

unless it's a pop-up book.

Comment

I’m confused! Then again, that’s nuthin new.

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Just wok away.

At my age I wish I had popups more often - oh wait - never mind...

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          Pfizer makes more than just vaccines. Just throwing that out there.

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          And pkadare , they market it to a bunch of older guys hanging out together, thinking they are having a crazy fun time! (AR anyone?)

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          I just bust out laughing in my office. Now my employees think I am hitting the sauce at work again

Hawaiian shirts CAN be BBQ related. Depending on your personal style of course. Here in Florida (or Hawaii) they can be worn year round. In Minnesota? Yea. Might want to only wear them in the 3 or 4 days yall call "summer"

Comment

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          I've worn them year round in the upper midwest; sometimes under a parka.

To be fair I remember a similar experience on Amazingribs.com before paying for a membership.

Comment

Duckduckgo fixes all that.

Comment

• SmokeyGator
            SmokeyGator commented
            Editing a comment
            Does it? How do they make money? Only two options are possible. Number one, you pay for a subscription. Number two YOU are the product!

There is also a third option. Some insanely rich person funds it, and expects nothing at all in return.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            SmokeyGator Advertising: DuckDuckGo’s traffic is shown Sponsored Links (including !bangs). So whether you have them enabled or not, you can continue to feel that the open source DuckDuckGo Browser is a useful tool that respects both your privacy and your time.
            Affiliates: DuckDuckGo relies on affiliates as well. When people click on affiliate links, they are directed to Amazon, eBay etc. DuckDuckGo will only generate revenue based on relevance, and, only if, you make a purchase.
            Last edited by texastweeter; March 10, 2022, 09:56 PM.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Attjack look into the android app.

Pro tip: When you are dragged to family events and get bored, if their computer is unlocked you can spend an hour or so looking up disturbing things.

Then secretly laugh when they start questioning why they are suddenly being flooded with ads for furry conventions, flashlight like devices that ARE NOT flashlights, and so on.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here