Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For The Few Who Complain About Our Recommended Products As Ads...Count Your Blessings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For The Few Who Complain About Our Recommended Products As Ads...Count Your Blessings

Recently we had a complaint about "all the ads" here on our site, from a member. Anyone who thinks our recommended products is ads...or intrusive, should take a look at what is out there on other BBQ websites. OMG! We should thank our lucky stars Meathead cares about us and only keeps our Recommended Products to the right side of the page. Our site is a piece of cake compared to other places. And no annoying pop ups or video ads. I went to Smoking Meats Forum.com and this is what I was bombarded with......middle of the page ads for Equifax, 1-800- PetMeds and Travel Patriot. Upon opening the page I was forced to cancel out a video playing an ad from SimpliSafe and another ad on the bottom middle of the page for Galveston Island. Not to mention ads for Hawaiian Shirts and Ladies T-Shirts. And it’s not even BBQ related ads at that. If anyone reading this is upset about our recommended products, just go take a look around other BBQ sites. The 5 pictures below are all the ads just from one topic. Ok, I’m getting down from my soapbox now.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; May 11, 2021, 12:14 PM.

Wow! Having an ad blocker cuts out all of that. Of course a lot of site don't like the blockers and ask that you turn them off.
    Last edited by ofelles; May 11, 2021, 03:10 PM.

Comment

So which Hawaiian shirt did you get?

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I clicked on the black bra ad, I’m running low, but it wound up being an ad for something else.

It's not the ads that are intrusive, it's the intrusive MCS that comes with the ads.

Comment

You went to another bbq site?

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that’s what happens when an indoor cat gets out, get him back in the house and he will be fine......

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John good to see you have remorse for your ill ways. I'm willing to forgive this time.

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Amazingribs is my main bi#@$, don't worry.

Panhead John

looks like adding corn meal to a rub is a trending topic at this other favorite meat smoking forum of yours, too. There's a recent post here at the pit about the same. is there a mole out there lifting content? maybe someone who visits these other sites for research purposes only? inquiring minds need to know!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inquiring Minds whte lab with paw raised attb Pinterest.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1030252 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually saw the post you’re talking about here. I googled the subject and was trying to help the poster. I clicked on that site, to see what they had to say. And.....wham, the ads hit me. That gave me the idea for this rant. 😂

Yeah, it meant nuthin to ya. Surrrre! We know that there was a big reason fer foolin around. We will be watching from here on out.
        One thinks it may go deeper than what Cap’n Mike allude to. 👀

Comment

I used to belong to that forum, there is a reason why I no longer go there and it is not the ads.

Comment

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            Their attitude: 'My way or the highway' In other words several members think there is only one way to smoke something. Any variance and they jump all over you for 'doing it wrong.' As opposed to AR where we freely exchange ideas on cooking and are very supportive of different methods (other than boiling ribs).

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            And just what, pray tell, is wrong with boiling ribs?

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            Unlike you, I think most of us draw the line at boiling them in beet stock.
            Last edited by 58limited; May 12, 2021, 06:47 AM.

This is the difference between paying for a product and being the product.

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Wise words.

Given the number of women's clothing ads, it appears you have a lot of women's clothing cookies on your computer. May I suggest clicking on a couple women's swimwear ads -- you will get a better variety of pop ups and banner ads.

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Marital aides? 😳

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            nowthatsfunny!

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Air pumps?

Will all your posts have ads just as this one does?
          OMG in your post, Orange Mountain Grills?
          Happy Grilling on OMG and BPR too.

Comment

You know, when Panhead John came home (at 4 am!) I thought I could smell a different smoke on him....

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Can’t believe you locked me out. Glad I keep that spare key in the bushes.
              Last edited by Panhead John; May 12, 2021, 06:16 AM.

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              And the thunder rolls, and the lightning strikes. Another brisket goes cold, on a sleepless night...

• Dr. Pepper
              Dr. Pepper commented
              Editing a comment
              So texastweeter Who you callin' a frigid brisket? Me or PJ? Just layin' there like a cold slab of meat. Not even probe tender.
              Last edited by Dr. Pepper; March 10, 2022, 02:43 PM.

What killed me about that complaint was that the complainant had been a member for 3 or 4 years, so had been paying their annual dues but the only post they ever made was that complaint. Weird.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I wonder if a renewal on their statement reminded them that they're a member and so they came here to click around. I wonder if they even read Meathead's explanation or other members' testimonials that it's hardly a big deal...

There are other BBQ sites??

Comment

Used to regularly go to Serious Eats, but it’s now Serious Ads. Pop up videos, interruptions in writing etc.

Also much of their content is quite stale.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here