Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login

Why is login under a pitmaster drop down? Why does it take 2 more clicks to login? Why does this site look like a commercial? "Tell your friends..." "Cookbooks" "Spotlight, these are not ads..."
    I have joined the site, the info on the site is excellent so I will tell my friends so I do not need additional prodding. Everything on the right banner IS an ad regardless of your disclaimer.
    I really expected a cleaner site.

I just bookmarked the recent posts page after loggin' in. One click and I'm reading new posts. And I seldom notice the stuff on the right any more, and I certainly don't fret about it.

Almost forgot - welcome to the posting side of The Pit.

Comment

Must be early in the season, the grapes are still sour. Who Knew?
      I also noticed at the bottom of the pitmaster drop-down login there is a cancel membership. Why?

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Because people do occasionally want to cancel. We thought we'd make it easy so they don't complain.

I love the website and the look of it. For anyone who does post or read here, we don’t even really notice the recommended products anymore. It’s rare to go anywhere online these days, and not see ads or something similar. Many of us here enjoy clicking on the favorite products occasionally and reading about them. It’s ALL great products that many of us here have actually bought and use. We are a BBQ website after all. It’s not like we’re seeing ads for Depends. Plus, I enjoy seeing Meathead’s mug every morning when I log in.😎
      Last edited by Panhead John; May 4, 2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia.....

Comment

Thank you for your first post! It's a doozy!

Q: Why is login under a pitmaster drop down?
          A: I wanted all the most common links in one location. Several members have told me they love this new feature.

Q: Why does it take 2 more clicks to login?
          A: You could just bookmark the Pit and then, no clicks! But if you don't want to, it is only be 1 click after you login for the first time, not 2.

Q: Why does this site look like a commercial? "Tell your friends..." "Cookbooks" "Spotlight, these are not ads..."
          A: It costs more than $600,000 to run this site for a year, plus infrastructure (we just spent more than $150,000 rebuilding the free site). We like to pay the bills and get paid too. And forgive me, but I worked very hard on the book. It has a 5 star rating on Amazon with 2700+ votes, it is the best selling BBQ book on the market, and if you haven't bought it yet, you should!

Q: I have joined the site, the info on the site is excellent so I will tell my friends so I do not need additional prodding.
          A: Thanks for the kind words. You may not need the prodding, but here's a quiz (no peeking): If you wanted to tell a friend about the Pitmaster Club, what url would you give her? Answer below.

Q? Everything on the right banner IS an ad regardless of your disclaimer. I really expected a cleaner site.
          A: I define an ad as something someone has paid us to show. Nothing on the right is an ad. MANY readers buy the products we recommend in The Spotlight and thank us for recommending them. They are great products. Also, please notice: NOWHERE ON THIS SITE ARE THERE ANY ADS WITHIN THE CONTENT LIKE IN EVERY OTHER WEBSITE IN THE WORLD! We push them and the info on the right off to the edges. You won't find it within the content.

We walk a tightrope of delivering great content and community, and paying the bills. Our marching orders are make a great reader experience first. Thankfully we don't get many complaints. But then again, we only have 14% of our members cancel every year. That retention rate is close to a world record so we must be doing something right.

QUIZ ANSWER: Please don't send a friend to https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com which is the channels page. It doesn't explain what the Club is, how it works, about our guarantee, our renewal process, and all the benefits of membership. Now click on the link in that little promo at the top. THAT'S the page to send a friend to.
          Last edited by Meathead; May 4, 2021, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
            DavidNorcross commented
            Editing a comment
            Its a thankless job Sir. The vast majority sure does appreciate you.

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Amazing Ribs is a fantastic website, from the first click to the last.

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice Meathead Well put all around.
            Keep it going my friend. 👊👊

I think that 99% of our members will probably agree with Meathead. Well said sir!
          Last edited by Panhead John; May 4, 2021, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm going to assume that this is referencing Meathead's response and not the original post.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            pkadare Yes. Just edited my response. Thanks

DavidNorcross Au Contraire! It is FAR from thankless. Not a day goes by that we don't get a heartwarming email. Some of the best are here https://amazingribs.com/about-us/testimonials/

Comment

Meathead what a thoughtful, professional and respectful response. The Pit is my "safe place", a place with folks willing, and able, to share positive experiences and info about something we have in common - a love of food and how we buy it, cook it, the toys we use, the toys we want and some good humor.

The fact that our community lives in a commercial environment does not bother me in the slightest. If I was moderating, and thank the Lord that won’t happen!, I’d have to take 2 Xanax and a few cocktails before I could ever respond with the grace you did. God bless...

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Xanax and cocktails? Damn man, can you come to the TX. Meat Up?

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              No worries. I was talking about MH taking the Xanax and cocktails.

• GolfGeezer
              GolfGeezer commented
              Editing a comment
              Panhead John Unfortunately, my prescription is running out. Seriously, would've considered it, but two strikes: I HATE flying, am very claustrophobic, and it is our 38th wedding anniversary (well, Memorial Day actually). Hanging with the gang that is going would have been a treat - just not in the cards for me.

I forgot to mention: We do not allow ads with animation or videos. They pay really well (as do ads within content), but we don't do this out of respect to the reader experience.

Comment

• crazytown3
              crazytown3 commented
              Editing a comment
              And I for one THANK YOU for that.

Meathead As we all know, you will always have people who look for piddly things to complain about. I really appreciate the hard work that you and your great staff do to make this such an outstanding website and forum!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here