Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Else Having This Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Else Having This Problem?

This has been going on for a few months now. There is a big delay from when I click on notifications to when it shows my notifications, every time. When I first click "notifications" to the time it shows my messages is sometimes as long as 5-8 seconds. There’s only this delay with notifications. Every thing else I click on is fine, all the other pages switch and load quickly. I have fast internet speeds and use an iPad Air only a few years old. This also happens on my desktop and my iPhone. Are any of you noticing any lag times as well? Ray, is there anything that can be done to fix this? Thanks for any help you can give.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; April 20, 2021, 06:55 AM.

This happens to me, but only for pages and notifications that refer to some poster named Panhead John. All other pages and notifications work just fine. Maybe a PJ-virus variant?

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there a vaccine for the PJ-virus?

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      It is highly contagious and there is no known cure. Symptoms include hair pulling and teeth grinding, followed by heavy bouts of drinking.

Well, when ya have 100 notifications a day from us that read "get out of my thread" there can be a bit of a delay........

Comment

Not seeing the delay problem here:
      iOS 14.4.2 + Safari
      MacOS 11.2.3 + Safari
      Last edited by MBMorgan; April 20, 2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

No delay for me either, and I have an IPAD, an Android phone and a windows computer.

Comment

Panhead John

I cleaned up your subscriptions a bit (just the ones that were linked to deleted topics/posts).

Please test again. Let me know if that helped.

Also be sure to refresh your browsers cache.

Comment

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            Be careful, you start cleaning up after him, he might call you Mommy.

Rookie.

Comment

Panhead John Have you ever heard of throttling? You’ve made like 1175 posts in a couple months dude. You’re far exceeding the bandwidth limitations in the fine print of the membership agreement and are being throttled to give others a chance to provide legitimate feedback and real help versus your spam to boost PJ’s paper plate sales. raywjohnson isn’t going to admit it, just like the cell carriers never discuss it other than saying you should review the contract. It is bad publicity to just admit on a public forum that throttling really happens. If you reflect deep inside, you know what I say is true as not one other soul has vouched to experiencing your problem. As Traeger customer support would say "This is the first we have ever heard of this issue."
            Last edited by glitchy; April 21, 2021, 07:47 PM. Reason: Fixing auto-correct error and typo

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s not true. I never spam to boost PJ’S PAPER PLATES sales. In fact I rarely even mention PJ’S PAPER PLATES when I’m on the forum. I might have mentioned PJ’s PAPER PLATES once or twice in the past, but if I did mention PJ’S PAPER PLATES it was pertinent to the conversation. I’d never stoop so low as to try and boost PJ’S PAPER PLATES sales by constantly spamming or throwing in a cheap mention of PJ’s PAPER PLATES merely for profit. Sincerely, P. J. Pres. / CEO ....PJ’S PAPER PLATES
              Last edited by Panhead John; April 22, 2021, 12:24 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here