Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free side issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free side issues

Meathead
    @Huskee

I went to this page,

The grill search result page displays the results from your grill search.

and in the options to narrow down the search results, there is a price option for $200-$399, and then it jumps to $800-$999. I'm sure it's possible that Max has never reviewed a grill or smoker that was priced between $400-$799, but it seems unlikely.
    Also, on this page,
    Use this form to contact the editors or owner of AmazingRibs.com.

the Captcha is showing this error.
    ERROR for site owner:
    Invalid domain for site key

Since I failed the robot exam, it wouldn't let me send the message through the Contact page. I swear to all that is holy, I'm not a robot.

THANKS for the eagle eye! We're on it.

Comment

I caught this typo. On the free side in the heading.... it reads Thermpro. Should be ThermoPro.....Wireless Meat Thermometer
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Panhead John; April 20, 2021, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Fixed. Thanks!

It is possible that is due to the search you conducted. If you selected Hestan the results will instantly show all Hestans and eliminate the search options which do not apply to Hestans, and that includes charcoal, pellets and inexpensive price ranges.

And yes. the contact page is broken. On it.

Comment

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        I still get the same result starting fresh on the search page with no filters applied. Just to eliminate one variable, I did a ctrl+F5 refresh, and got the same result.

The [Pitmaster Club] pull-down menu is obscured by side-bar icons for Facebook, YouTube, etc.:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 7.23.21 AM.png
Views:	357
Size:	354.1 KB
ID:	1020375

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Fixed. The menu now lays on top of the social media buttons.

Found my own issue to report. On the free side, if you dig down to the following page, the link for the big button for 600+ reviews takes you to a bad page:

Name:	problem 1.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	1020381Click image for larger version

Name:	problem 2.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1020382

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Working on it
        Last edited by Meathead; April 21, 2021, 08:14 AM.

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Meathead I’m seeing it as well on multiple devices and browsers. Even tried new private windows.

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Found the problem and fixed it.

Those social media buttons are our way to discourage people from canceling.
      Seriously, we will move them.
      Last edited by Meathead; April 20, 2021, 08:21 AM.

Comment

These two members reported an issue. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ee-site-mobile

Comment

I just now, went to this page and clicked on “Click here to search 200 + thermometers ..........

and it took me to this page at the bottom.

EDIT: I tried it again and it works as supposed to.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Panhead John; April 20, 2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

willxfmr To fix a problem we need specifics. Can you tell me what you were searching for and what you entered? Your OS would be helpful too.

Comment

Panhead John I am trying to kill the bug cited by Panhead.

Using a Mac desktop computer with the latest OS, I went to this page:
              A good digital thermometer is a cook's most important tool. Our electrical engineer has tested and rated more than 200 different types of thermometers in a searchable database, making finding the perfect one for your needs a breeze!

I clicked the button that says "Click Here To Search 200+ Thermometers Tested, Rated, and Reviewed" and it took me to a page that had the cool new search functions, as designed.

Can some of you try it and tell me what happens?

Comment

jfmorris Reported this problem. I think it is fixed. Can anyone tell me if it is not fixed?
                He went to this page https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...moker-reviews/

and clicked on the button that says "Click To Search Our Database Of 600+ Cookers Reviewed And Rated"
                It should take you to a page with checkboxes and other search filters to help you find grills and smokers.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
                  GolfGeezer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Works on my iPad with Safari or Chrome.

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Meathead yes I can confirm this is fixed. Yesterday the link the button pointed to was on some temporary staging URL that started with "wpprod.amazingribs.com".

• Meathead
                  Meathead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  wpprod (wordpress production site) prefix was where we were doing development for the site. It should have gone away when the site went live.

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                jfmorris Reported this problem. I think it is fixed. Can anyone tell me if it is not fixed?
                He went to this page https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...moker-reviews/

and clicked on the button that says "Click To Search Our Database Of 600+ Cookers Reviewed And Rated"
                It should take you to a page with checkboxes and other search filters to help you find grills and smokers.
                Works fine here:

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 8.19.54 AM.png
Views:	303
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	1020761

Comment

Meathead Yes sir, both links you mentioned are working fine. A few hours after posting my problem yesterday I tried it again and it was working. I posted an edit to my post. Thanks
                  Last edited by Panhead John; April 21, 2021, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• glitchy
                    glitchy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My experience was the same. It took a while, but eventually cleared up on its own.

Meathead
                  @Huskee
                  I'll try my best to give the details.
                  Laptop OS: Win 10Pro. Browser: Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
                  Phone: Pixel 3 XL. Android 11. Browsers, Chrome and Firefox
                  Issue (If it is in fact an issue) repeats on both devices using any of the above browsers
                  Path:
                  Meathead's AmazingRibs.com is the leading BBQ and grilling website, featuring 2100+ pages of recipes, techniques, cooking science, myth-busting, and hands-on reviews.

>
                  https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...buying-guides/

Next hop was made using the "Click To Search Our Database Of 600+ Cookers Reviewed And Rated" Mid page banner
                  >
                  Use this page to search For A Grill, Smoker, Pizza Oven, Pig Roaster, Or Other Cooker

Once this last hop loads, without applying any Fuel, Function, or Manufacturer filters, the option filter by Price skips $400-$799 as shown in the attached picture.

It doesn't really matter much to me personally, since all the cookers I currently crave are a fair bit North of $799. I just thought I'd mention it incase someone else doesn't suffer from MCS to the extent I do.

Name:	PXL_20210422_024717734.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1021045 ​​​​​
                  Last edited by willxfmr; April 21, 2021, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We have seen this before, thank you, I will pass it on again!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here