Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't edit a comment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't edit a comment.

This has happened twice in the last few minutes. I post a comment, and decide I need to change it or add something and nothing happens after I open the edit window.

This happened once before and someone posted a work around, but at my age, my memory has left the building...

Well, we’ll just have to git to the bottom of this and find that little critter. Which door did it leave outta, that would be a big help in findin it.

Comment

Cache might need to catch up or catch down. Give it a little time.

Comment

Are ya workin with a mobile device? I find th ability to edit comes an goes, on my Android device, much to my (multiple, extremely graphic expletives deleted!!!) chagrin.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't use my phone for this stuff - screens too small...

A quick fix is a page refresh. If there is a bug in the Javascripts, that might be the cause. Posting a comment potentially exposes the bug and prevents editing after. A page refresh will sometimes fix this. F5 or better CTRL+F5.

For those that are inclined. If this happens on a PC, you can hit the F12 key to see the Dev Tools. Click the "console" tab and ensure "errors" are on.

Firefox Example.

Post a screenshot of that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ff-dev-console-errors.png
Views:	223
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1016211

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s all fine n dandy, but what about his memorie?

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, yeah, I forget. What were we taking about?

Thanks Ray. Whatever you did, (or didn't), do worked. I just tried to edit a comment and had no problem, so it appears to be fixed.

Comment

Hey RonB you may think things are fixed but we’re still tryin to track down that lil memory of yers that escaped. Bout to call fer a posse.

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for your efforts.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here