Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site Stability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understandable, I'm not an IT guy so I none of the things I mentioned are that big a deal. Meathead just asked me what I'd like to see. I am always a little nervous about suggesting things to add to things like this. I always feel like I'm complaining or whining about stuff.

Comment

I have been on quite a bit today... and it seems like they must be doing some stuff. It seems pretty stable today ( I am using Chrome on a windows laptop)

Comment

Meathead, I confess to being dumber than a box of rocks with this computer crap! But I typically log on with my iPad 64 gig, my wife gave to me for
        X-Mas several years ago and supposedly it has all the Bells & Whistles. I think this is one Apple that left the tree prematurely! To answer your question
        it happens both in the open site and the Pit! It seems to be particularly bad on the Ratings and Reviews section. Thanks, Dan

Comment

Just joined today. First time to access on my BlackBerry Classic.

I'm getting a message that the BlackBerry OS is blocking some content because the site is trying to load content from a server using an unsecure connection. I don't get this message very often so it's a little concerning. Getting it nearly every time I change pages.

Thought you'd want to know.

Comment

The video interviews I do should open in the thread. Tell us more about the issue.

Comment

Meathead, I would sooner be smoking something than complaining about stabity of the site when using my iPad. Some have suggested that their PC's don't give them problems. I don't believe my wife will buy me one, so I don't know how I am going to read your recipes or check if I won the monthly drawing! Have a great weekend, Dan Johnston

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                We send an email to winners.

Folks we made some changes we think improve the user experience in The Pit. Try navigating around and let us know if things are loading a little better for you.

Comment

Yup... seems to be running pretty daggum good! I have not changed anything on my end... still using chrome on a windows laptop.

Sometimes I use my phone... that has always been good though.

Comment

We have just killed all the paid ads. That should help. Read this

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    R.I.P Aman, seriously I finally cleaned every site I had looked at off the iPad. So far it seems to have helped the stability issue! It has not been totally eliminated but much improved. Dan

I'm having trouble posting with my iPhone for some reason.

Comment

you know when I have a problem I just pull a little harder on the cans and the string tightens up and every thing works fine

from the old guy

Comment

I finally upgraded to windows 10. The new browser (Edge) works fine with AR but I still prefer Firefox. Internet Explorer is still there but it's buried and you have to go find it if you want to use it.

Comment

For me the ads slow some things down but I don't really have a lot of problems. I browse with IE and the site works well on my Kindle Fire. My biggest issue are the number of ads.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here