Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site Stability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Stability

I am having problem with the site being unstable. It rebooted a dozen times since I logged on? Anyone else having problems? Thanks, Danjohnston949

Only with my iPad, otherwise, fine.

Comment

• mackdaddy
      mackdaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. Lap top no problems but iPad reboots. Also with other sites, so this is not the only one.

You might have said amouthful there Rich. I am using an iPad Mini. Thanks Dan

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      At work and in my home office I only use PCs w/ different OSs. I only have trouble with my iPad which I try to use for casual, hanging around the house.

Apple and vBulletin seem to be arch nemeses.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Word

My iPad has trouble too sometimes. I think it's related to the ads. Seems a shame that since we pay for this section that we also have to see so many ads. Right now I count 12 on this screen! (That's not counting in-house ads.)

Comment

• FLBuckeye
      FLBuckeye commented
      Editing a comment
      mgaretz Try using AdBlockPlus...no ads

There are ads? I don't see any. I'm on an Air2 via Safari running iOS 8.4.
    Last edited by Munch; August 2, 2015, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I've been bounced a few times on my ipad the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
        I am having problem with the site being unstable. It rebooted a dozen times since I logged on? Anyone else having problems? Thanks, Danjohnston949

UGH sorry this is happening. Please let us know the device/OS/browser you're using when this happens. Also let us know if the problem gets better when you're on a PC versus mobile device. Thanks and we always have our IT folks look into these. The more info we have the more help they can provide.

Also please note these problems can also pop up due to browser add-ons you've installed like toolbars, ad blockers, search engines, and the like.

Moving this to suggestion box.

Comment

DON'T USE INTERNET EXPLORER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Switch to Chrome (my only experience) or maybe something else. Since this problem arose on AR a few weeks ago (look for the old thread), I have had nothing but excellent results since switching to Chrome. It's a minor pain, but well worth the hassle. I do not understand why IE is a problem, but it certainly is. NO DOUBT!!!!

Thanks to Huskee, Meathead, and others for helping me fix the problem, which was very significant. I hope AR will be able to come up with a helpful solution, one that is easily recognizable, for newbies.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
            FLBuckeye commented
            Editing a comment
            IE is so full of security problems I uninstalled it on all of my computers

Are these problems strictly in The Pit or on the free site too? The Pit is scheduled for a complete overhaul soon. The guy who built it originally made some mistakes. The new guy is constantly making fixes.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Meathead Can we expect some new features in The Pit with the upcoming overhaul. Or is it just going to be bug fixes? Just curious, Thanks.

• mgaretz
            mgaretz commented
            Editing a comment
            Since joining the pit I hardly ever go to the free site any more. The problems for me are only in Safari on the iPad. Chrome on the PC is fine (except for the excessive number of ads).

Where is userinvalidunknown at a time like this? Rome wasn't built in a day... Relax, it's just BBQ

Comment

Same here, only have the reboot problem with iPhone and iPad otherwise using Chrome on the PC is fine.

Comment

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              I happened to see some of your post times. Did you stay up all night, DWCowles?

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope, I got 3 1/2 hrs of sleep in

Spinaker we have all kinds of cool ideas, but right now we are focused on (1) getting a good subscriber maintenance system in place so people can manage their account, renewals, notifications, etc. (2) Making the pages mobile friendly and play nice with tablets and phones (3) fixing problems with rogue ads (4) improving navigation (5) making it play nice with all browsers. In other words, before we add new features, we want to make the tech side better.

What would YOU like to see us do?

Comment

Meathead It would be nice to be able to preview what someone has wrote to you in your notification box. Kind of like what pops up on your phone when you get a text on your phone. In your notification box you could read the first few lines or just the first sentence, to get an idea of what is being said. before you click on the link.

It would also be nice to be able to open video and watch them on each thread. Instead of having to go to an external site.

These are just a few things that I have thought of, Not pressing by any means.

Comment

Spinaker a lot of the new features you've seen in the past (mentions, the slide show, better display of camera icon photos, etc...) have come from new software releases provided by the vendor. It's like going from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. We can't pick what changes are in the new software release, but we can decide whether or not we want to implement the release. So we'll continue to upgrade the software as releases come out, but it's hard if not impossible for us to get specific requests in (like notification previews).

As far as video, you should already be able to play video in the thread if the person posting the video embedded it properly. There might be an issue specific to your device. We can help troubleshoot if you like.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here