Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: Portable Kitchen's New "PKGO" Camp & Tailgating Grill Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: Portable Kitchen's New "PKGO" Camp & Tailgating Grill Review

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Portable Kitchen's PKGO Camp & Tailgate Grilling System Review, by Max Good
    LINK: https://amazingribs.com/pkgo

Self described as "small but mighty" the new PKGO is beautiful, elegant, clever, effective, and versatile, yet a little pricey for a small, portable charcoal grill. Nonetheless, with PKGO, you get what you pay for, and that means top quality. We say, "Go Man Go", to PKGO and award it our top, Platinum Medal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pkgo-hero.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	957048Click image for larger version

Name:	pkgo-hibachi-lid-off.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	957047Click image for larger version

Name:	pkgo-2-zone-charcoal.jpg
Views:	13845
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	957046

NOW I see this. After I bought the Chimp (which I still love). The problem is I want all this stuff.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Same. I have both Smokey Joe sizes and I find myself justifying to myself that this would be good for the beach too.

Oh....I'm a big PK fan. I will probably buy this. Really like the probe port. Wish my PK360 had one.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Make one.

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack - Of course I could make one. I had an older WSM and put a grommet in for my probes. The new WSM have a probe port. Just saying I wish my PK360 had one. They'll probably put them in on future models.

Yeah, I really like this. Maybe I can sneak it into the rv basement and tell my wife it was always there, we just overlooked it for the past 2 years

Comment

• mfbbq
      mfbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      That line of reasoning might fly if you rub some dirt or grease on it or scuff it a little bit!

That is really slick. I was biding my time until I bought a 18" Jumbo Joe to replace my 14" for camping but this is going to make that decision a little harder.

Comment

Just ordered it.

Comment

I love my PK original, if I was in the market for handy little grill for car camping or tailgates I'd be all over that.

But I don't really do either, so I'm holding out for the Presidential Plus model. Make it the size of the BGE 2XL, 675 glorious sq in of cook space. I want the option of cooking 100 burgers at once!*

*the Presidential Plus is not a real model and PK has no plans to make one AFAIK. But it'd be alot cooler if they did....

Comment

• TNPIGBBQ
          TNPIGBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee me either.... thanks for bringing that up Mr. Debbie Downer

• JoeSousa
          JoeSousa commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee Ummm, have you see the membership here? I think we could come up with 100 people to eat a burger. Or 50 people to eat two.

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah the only limitation with my pk360 is size. If I had a 720 I wouldn’t need anything else.

Are they still selling the short portable stand for the original? The original is great for picnics etc, where the go may be more suited to a camping situation.

Comment

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          PK Grills has a wide inventory of quality grills and smokers available. Click here to view the grill that will revolutionize the way you cook today.

• Rod
          Rod commented
          Editing a comment
          @Polabear777 Damn! That stand is about half the price of the grill.

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          True the stand is expensive, but if you already have the original and want to transport it, the stand is cheaper than the new GO and the original is a more capable cooker.

On the other hand if you have the PK360 and want to transport, you can actually cook with the capsule without a stand at all (on a non-flamable surface) since the intakes are front and back opening.

This is probably why I'll never see a pk720 because they'd have to remove "portable" from the name.

I'm really interested, but have a question. I'm looking for something I can use for kebabs...particularly the ground meat sorts that are done on wide "sword" skewers. I already have the skewers, and racks to support them above grate level, but I can't quite tell how well they'll fit on this.

Do you have dimensions for the cooking grates, and how high are they above the charcoal grate. I don't do kebabs enough to warrant buying a purpose-made mangal, and that little PK looks really sweet. Thanks!

Comment

MadUncleAndy Also see this link. Picture my below may be too fuzzy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	417
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	958436

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here