Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Gear Review - Green Mountain Grills' Pizza Attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Gear Review - Green Mountain Grills' Pizza Attachment

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Green Mountain Grills' Pizza Attachment Review, by Dave Joachim
    Want to get more from your pellet smoker? How about wood-fired pizza? The Green Mountain Grills Wood Fired Pizza Attachment expands the capabilities of your pellet cooker far beyond low and slow smoking. Read our review to see just how hot this inexpensive attachment gets and to see the gorgeous pizzas we baked on it.

Want to get more from your pellet smoker? How about wood-fired pizza? The Green Mountain Grills Wood Fired Pizza Attachment expands the capabilities of your pellet cooker far beyond low and slow smoking. Read our review to see just how hot this inexpensive attachment gets and to see the gorgeous pizzas we baked on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gmg_pizza_assembled_0.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	926412Click image for larger version

Name:	gmg_pizza_how_it_works.jpg
Views:	3278
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	926410Click image for larger version

Name:	gmg_pizza_magdalena_0.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	926411

Great review, especially the point regarding this fitting on different brands of smokers.

I have to admit, I didn’t think about searing steaks in skillet with this attachment. Has anyone tried this and care to share the results?

Comment

Looking good, sounds good.

Comment

Good review. I am wondering if it will work on my Traeger Timberline.

Comment

Hmm. Cut some stone and bolt to the inside of the lid for thermal mass?

Comment

On a couple Recteq oriented sites folks have commented on these, they do fit (590,680,700) according to those reports, and work well for them. Folks don't do near as complete a commentary as Dave so don't always know if it's take and bake or completely home made.

In a similar vein, I've got the Griddle Hack, from BBQ Hack, for my 590. It' has a similar funnel design on the bottom, just has the griddle surface instead of stone. Setting the controller to 350 yields 400 at the griddle and cooks very well. What makes this relevant here is that they also offer a stone and dome accessory to make something that resembles the GMG reviewed here. I don't have it, so can't comment first hand, but it would be interesting to see a comparison if Max or Dave ever get the opportunity. The two packages from BBQ Hack cost almost twice as much, but you end up with two pieces of gear, and have the searing/cooking capability that Dave discusses without the concern for destroying the pizza stone.

Comment

David,
              Thanks for the review... I was wondering if it would fit my traeger traeger select pro pellet smoker???
              Thanks
              Larry

Comment

These work exceptionally well IMHO. However, they do not fit the Camp Chef Woodwind 24 and I suspect they won't fit any other Camp Chef 24 model with the direct fire option.
                The problem is the sliding cover over the fire pit won't go far enough back to allow the oven to completely cover the fire box opening. Another issue is that the oven is too narrow front to back to have the tabs land on the smoker's rails.
                I modified mine by cutting about a 3" arc in the sliding cover and use a 3/4" square aluminum extrusion across the back of the smoker for the back rails to land on.
                I also attached a piece of high temp rock wool sheet to the top to get the radiant temps up to over 600F.
                With all this, it works very well indeed.

This was cooked for 1 minute, turned and pulled at 90 sec. Light charring on the bottom and top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	113
Size:	413.2 KB
ID:	1371596
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NCARalph; February 3, 2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here