Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Gear Review - GreenPan Valencia Pro Nonstick Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc finally used it for the first time this morning. OMG, this pan is amazing. I think I will start wrapping it in an Egyptian Cotton towel to prevent damage.....🤪

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Roger that!

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee haha - bad choice of words. We really like the Oxo pans. I just meant unfortunate in that I won’t get to try ceramic until these wear out...

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    You say "unfortunately" the Oxos are holding up. Do you not like them? I've always known Oxo to be really good stuff.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, that's quite a deal, SheilaAnn . Thanks. I'll lie low and hope to score one in a future sale.

K.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    We used to buy new T-Fal every 2-3 years, but we needed new ones about every year, we just suffered through the next year or two with aging pans. I hope to get more life outta these. Meathead loves his.

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc $24.99 for 8”

• jfmorris
    replied
    Next time I buy a non-stick skillet, it will be one of these. Unfortunately, about a year ago I started replacing cookware, and got Oxo Pro 12" and 8" non-sticks, that are still holding up really well a year later. When it is time to replace them, I'll go ceramic.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    I feel your pain! I cannot tell you how many times I've found family members scraping and scratching the non-stick cookware with metal utensils. I tossed all of it last year and got OXO 12" and 8", and so far, knock on wood, they are holding up.

• hoovarmin
    replied
    I'd love to have one of these pans. The truth is that my family has no respect for cookware and would destroy the surface within a month. I've given up on the lot of em'. If I had a crash pad none of them knew about I'd stock it with every size of these pans they make.

Leave a comment:

• N227GB
    commented on 's reply
    I've been using a set of these for over a year and they're still going strong:

They claim they're dishwasher safe and you can use metal utensils but I baby them and wipe them with a little bit of flaxseed oil after washing.

When they're ready to be replaced I'll try the GreenPan.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    That's what I've seen a lot of people in the know recommend. Buy an inexpensive non-stick and replace it each year.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I had ~$25 built up in Amazon Card points. I pay it off each mo so there's no interest and the 'discount' made me spring into action. Otherwise I'd have deliberated much longer. They aren't cheap, compared to T-Fal anyway.

• ssandy_561
    replied
    I like non stick pans for cooking eggs. The one problem I’ve found with all non stick pans is after 8 months to a year no matter how good the quality is at the start they just stop working.

I’ve had $20 pans and I’ve had $100 pans. And after using them a couple times a week for a year they just don’t work how they did when I got them.

I’ve just been buying a $20 ceramic non stick and use it for a year then I’ll get another one.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    What was the Prime deal, do you recall, SheilaAnn? Wondering if I should wait for a Black Friday deal.

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here