Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Gear Review - GreenPan Valencia Pro Nonstick Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Gear Review - GreenPan Valencia Pro Nonstick Pan

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

GreenPan Valencia Pro Nonstick Pan, by Meathead
    The new breed of nonstick ceramic pots and pans are by far the best of any nonsticks, and GreenPan is at the top of the pack. As slippery as a pickpocket, this pan allows eggs to slide out like a downhill skier. Check out our review of GreenPan nonstick pans, which have several advantages over Teflon.

Comes in 8" and 12" individually, or as a set with lids. See it in action on Meathead's new decadent French omelet recipe, video included!

Click image for larger version  Name:	greenpan_0.jpg Views:	359 Size:	10.6 KB ID:	924044

Sometimes I have thoughts of buying a nonstick pan. Then it passes.

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      read the review, watch the video. i was blown away.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I did and don't doubt it's a great nonstick pan. Like I said, sometimes I have thoughts of buying one and f I do your recommendation will likely be at the top of my list.

Bought the set myself, greatly looking forward to being able to make eggs properly (I'm not good at frying pans). Better yet my son making omelets for me. He's great at omelets. We often have pulled pork and brisket left over and they both make outstanding omelets.

Comment

Here's my omelet pan. It's $14.88

Click image for larger version

Name:	71lb5I5fhyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	924218

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Once it's seasoned Just make sure you use an adequate amount of butter and your eggs will be as if they're on a slip-n-slide.

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the tortilla and pita bread pan!

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        It's my most used and an all-around pan for me. Anytime I don't need high sides or a bigger pan I reach for it.

After watching Meathead 's omelet video, I told my long suffering wife that a set of those pans would be a great early Christmas gift idea, maybe even for Halloween . My current omelet pan is almost ready to bite the dust, but to be fair, I have used it A LOT, like twice a week for umpteen years. So I really do NEED a new pan(s).

Comment

I just bought this one on prime day. Waiting for it to arrive!

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          fzxdoc $24.99 for 8”

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, that's quite a deal, SheilaAnn . Thanks. I'll lie low and hope to score one in a future sale.

K.

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          fzxdoc finally used it for the first time this morning. OMG, this pan is amazing. I think I will start wrapping it in an Egyptian Cotton towel to prevent damage.....🤪

I watched the video, Meathead . Pretty darn seductive. Never thought I'd have feelings like that for a pan and a couple of eggs.

Seriously, though, thanks for the nice video and the tip on those pans. Wish I had seen the Prime Day offer. The set is currently taking a rest in my Amazon cart, waiting for me to justify buying another couple of pans.

Kathryn

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I had ~$25 built up in Amazon Card points. I pay it off each mo so there's no interest and the 'discount' made me spring into action. Otherwise I'd have deliberated much longer. They aren't cheap, compared to T-Fal anyway.

I like non stick pans for cooking eggs. The one problem I’ve found with all non stick pans is after 8 months to a year no matter how good the quality is at the start they just stop working.

I’ve had $20 pans and I’ve had $100 pans. And after using them a couple times a week for a year they just don’t work how they did when I got them.

I’ve just been buying a $20 ceramic non stick and use it for a year then I’ll get another one.

Comment

I'd love to have one of these pans. The truth is that my family has no respect for cookware and would destroy the surface within a month. I've given up on the lot of em'. If I had a crash pad none of them knew about I'd stock it with every size of these pans they make.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel your pain! I cannot tell you how many times I've found family members scraping and scratching the non-stick cookware with metal utensils. I tossed all of it last year and got OXO 12" and 8", and so far, knock on wood, they are holding up.

Next time I buy a non-stick skillet, it will be one of these. Unfortunately, about a year ago I started replacing cookware, and got Oxo Pro 12" and 8" non-sticks, that are still holding up really well a year later. When it is time to replace them, I'll go ceramic.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          You say "unfortunately" the Oxos are holding up. Do you not like them? I've always known Oxo to be really good stuff.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee haha - bad choice of words. We really like the Oxo pans. I just meant unfortunate in that I won’t get to try ceramic until these wear out...

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Roger that!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here