Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Reviews! - SnSGrills' new Slow 'N Sear Kettle, and Tappecue Touch's new Dual Probes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Reviews! - SnSGrills' new Slow 'N Sear Kettle, and Tappecue Touch's new Dual Probes

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Slow 'N Sear Kettle Grill, by Max Good
    https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...r-kettle-grill

The Slow 'N Sear Kettle Grill is mighty nice, but the most impressive thing about it is the Slow 'N Sear Charcoal Insert itself. Otherwise, it is very similar to the Weber Performer, which is not a bad thing. If you already have a good charcoal kettle grill that you like, there's no need to rush out and replace it. But if you're in the market for a new charcoal kettle grill, this one may be for you. It's definitely worth consideration.

Click image for larger version  Name:	slow-n-sear-kettle-grill-hero.jpg Views:	19 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	905169

Tappecue Touch Dual Temperature Probes, by Bill McGrath
    https://amazingribs.com/thermometers...irprobe-review

This is a review of the new probes for use with the previously reviewed Tappecue Touch. There is a conventional wired probe with two sensors, and a wireless AirProbe that communicates two temperatures to the main device via Bluetooth. (Older versions of the Touch will work with the new probes after a user-applied firmware update is performed.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	tappecue-airprobe1.jpg Views:	18 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	905170

Huskee The links aren't working.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Fixed, thanks

The links are active, but not linkified, so you just need to copy and paste or right click and hit "go to..."

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Fixed! But you're right they just weren't active for some reason. This has been happening to me lately!

Gotta say that the kettle is nice because it has all the mods I already spent time adding to my kettles.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it's nice that Dave thought of catering to the modern backyard pitmaster. Didn't need probe ports and fan ports in the 50s. Lotta folks liek that stuff nowadays though. Kinda like push-button 4WD and Bluetooth in your truck.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee or push button that takes my car from dad sedan to screaming performance monster (retunes the fuel injection, adjust suspension and transmission) :-)

If I was in the market for a new kettle, I would be all over the SnSGrills Kettle ..... great review, thanks Max Good

Comment

Max Good Thanks for the review. One thing I missed in the review was another feature of the SnS Kettle’s cooking grate. Isn't one end hinged, and folds up to expose the whole charcoal area of the Slow n Sear insert? Making it easier to add charcoal? I thought I’d heard that somewhere. Thanks
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 3, 2020, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it is hinged. I just added that feature to the review. Thanks for pointing this out.

SNS is a great company and really are quality folks. More great reviews. Thank you!

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Sir!

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Have a great holiday weekend!

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
      Max Good Thanks for the review. One thing I missed in the review was another feature of the SnS Kettle’s cooking grate. Isn't one end hinged, and folds up to expose the whole charcoal area of the Slow n Sear insert? Making it easier to add charcoal? I thought I’d heard that somewhere. Thanks
      This is correct. Our EasySpin grate has one large hinged area that exposes our charcoal basket, and protects the water reservoir, so you can add charcoal without getting it all in your water!

It also spins easily so you can sear with radiant heat using out cold grate technique.

Comment

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        True, true, true. I just added this feature to the review.

Max Good I was wondering. During your cooks, what was the temperature differences, if any, between the SnS built in thermometer and your digital probes? When your probes read, say 225, what did the built in lid thermometer read? Really curious, my Weber Kettle is sometimes 40-50* different than what my ThermoPro reads. Since SnS’s thermometer is closer to the grill, it should be more accurate. Thanks!
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 4, 2020, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        My Weber could be even higher than what I said. I quit using the built in lid thermometer a few years ago after I got the ThermoPro. I remember only comparing the temps once or twice.

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        Shooting for 225°F it registered cooler than my Fireboard by around 25°F.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Max! Good to know.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here