Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Recipe - Smoked Tomato, Mozzarella, and Pesto Caprese Sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Recipe - Smoked Tomato, Mozzarella, and Pesto Caprese Sandwich

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Smoked Tomato, Mozzarella, and Pesto Caprese Sammich, by Dave Joachim
    https://amazingribs.com/smoked-tomat...pesto-sandwich

From Dave: Quick, before summer is over, make these sandwiches! They're soooo good. And so easy. If you keep some smoked cherry tomatoes and basil pesto on hand (both easy to make with our recipes), this sandwich comes together in no time. And it tastes like a summer breeze!

Click image for larger version  Name:	smoked-cherry-and-heirloom-tomato-mozz-and-pesto-sammich.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	902174

I forwarded to my wife who loves this type of thing. I really need to make more pesto sandwiches myself. I wonder what meat goes best with pesto? Chicken probably.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      This sandwich is crying for thick sliced crisp bacon.

• kill2grill
      kill2grill commented
      Editing a comment
      Turkey works great too. I still salivate to the fond memory of a turkey pesto sandwich.

I would personally add a beaten-thin grilled chicken breast. My wife makes a bake that is essentially this sandwich with thin chicken instead of bread and it is beyond outstanding.

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds great!

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Hehe, I was thinking potato pancakes for the bread.

We had a caprese salad last night, gonna do this soon! I like the bacon add Mosca

Comment

I’ve made much the same with my panini press...
      I REALLY need to try it with my griddle and presses.

Comment

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here