Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Review - The Delta Argentinian Wood Grill/Parilla by Ñuke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Review - The Delta Argentinian Wood Grill/Parilla by Ñuke

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

The Delta Argentinian Wood Grill/Parilla by Ñuke, by David Joachim
    https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...lls/delta-nuke

The Delta by Ñuke is an Argentinian grill that burns wood or charcoal and comes with an adjustable height grill grate. This affordable and stylish entry into the gaucho grill market also comes with a warming drawer, a lid, a fire poker, shovel, carbon steel griddle, and a rain cover.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nuke_hero.jpg Views:	1 Size:	27.6 KB ID:	853251Click image for larger version  Name:	nuke_fired_up.jpg Views:	1 Size:	307.7 KB ID:	853252Click image for larger version  Name:	nuke_embers_0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	44.3 KB ID:	853253

Very nice. Maybe after I retire and I have more time to play around...

Comment

What more could one ask for, wood & Fire!

Comment

Great write up.

I got interested in the Nuke Delta after eating at Rick Bayless's Lena Brava, where they do a lot of parilla style cooking, and it was amazing.
        I ruled out the Delta after thinking hard about who I am, and this review confirms it was the right choice. A nice dream for a different time in my life, and I'm glad it's a good grill, but happy to have passed.

Comment

Pretty cool but I think I could make something like it for a lot less. Of course, that would take time and effort.

Comment

I am working on something similar, but sturdier and larger out of 3/16" plate. Dropped the plans off at the sheet metal benders an hour ago.

Write up is absolutely on point and correct.. Excellent job.
            Last edited by Ahumadora; May 28, 2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, Huskee can give you my address if you want to send it on over.

• Uncle Bob
              Uncle Bob commented
              Editing a comment
              Solid bet there's more than one of us on here that would step up for that test drive...……...just sayin'.

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              I have the knife!

Thanks for the review. Looking at some of the fails like the pop rivet coming loose along with a weld on the cooking grate popping off, I would think the build would be more robust for the price.

Comment

I think I'm gonna have to pass on it, as well. Unless the cost comes way down.

I like the idea, and the ability to spread the coals under the grill area to create customized cooking zones. But, gotta factor in the "open campfire" risks as well. I'm not sure how practical it would be unless using it on a windless day, and surrounded by non-flammable materiel. I'd keep a fire extinguisher handy, for sure.

Comment

I’m still glad that I went for the LSG Santa Maria with the brasero and dropdown front door options. Just a few hundred dollars more, not including shipping, but the build and materials in the LSG seem far superior.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here