Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: UPDATED Review - Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Grill + Smoker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Great tips! It doesn't draw much juice, nothing like a pellet cooker would, just a small fan.

• sam42830
    replied
    Great review, thanks so much. They also have a 1050, it is not on their web site. Do you happen to know anything about the 1050?

thanks,
    Sandy

Leave a comment:

• Razor
    commented on 's reply
    I watched a YouTube video a little while back comparing the 1050 and 560 and the reviewer implied the 1050 is a slightly better product, addressing some of the minor issues learned later in the 560 development process. I believe the power cord is a little more heavy duty, and the latch on the hopper is a little more robust and easier to operate.

Sounds like you have an awesome cooker coming your way!

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee
    Thanks for the update.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I'm glad your experiences were similar to mine. One thing I haven't cooked in it is a pizza. I hope you enjoy it for a good long while!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I've been using it for a couple months in rain, snow, sleet, and hail (literally all 4) and have had zero trouble. The control panel and electronics were built with some water resistance in mind.

• MBINQUIN
    replied
    Thanks Huskee,
    After reading your excellent review on this unit I decided it was something I wanted. I found one at WalMart. Brought it home and assembled it. It took the 2 hours you had listed but went well. Then I followed the break-in and seasoning instructions.During that time the temps were right on.
    I have cooked burgers at 500 degrees and they were awesome. Then last night I made pizza at 700 degrees with a stone. My home made dough and they came out incredible. The crust at 700 was a little different than when I use my UUNI at 900 but it was just as good.
    It starts up really easy with a fire starter and a small torch. Shuts down quickly and restarts quickly. This is a really great product that works many ways. Cant wait to do some ribs and a brisket. Thank you for your great review.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    commented on 's reply
    Everything that I read is not favorable to water but that is mainly for the electronics

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    I can run the pit barrel with my fan controller for 24 hours untouched, all weather at 225. I too would like to have a plot of temps over time attempts at 225F, 325 etc.

• LA Pork Butt
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory I cook on a BGE with a controller never checking on it through the night when cooking Boston Butts or Briskets which I do 8 to 10 times a year. I used to get excellent results from a cheap bullet water smoker, but I had to get up at 4 am to add fuel. I plan to serve for noon cooking at 225 and finishing the 12-14 hour cook by 8 or 10, so I put the meat on at about 8pm. It stirred my MCS. I am with Mosca I really don’t need another cooker. I like it as a pellet cooker alternative.

• Polarbear777
    replied
    How does this thing fare operating _during_ rain? Often rain is a factor on a long cook.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    Honest question, though: How often do you do a cook that's 12+ hours where a) you never look at it and b) you're not around TO look at it?

That caught my eye too, but then I thought about it... if I plop a hunk of meat on late night so it's done at lunch, that means at, say, 11pm. But I'm up at 7-8AM, well under 12 hours. IF I start a cook at 7am, I'm usually around during the day.

What I want to know is the duration of the charcoal use at 250 and 275 if it's, say, 60F out overnight.

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Your review stirred my MCS, but the uncertainty of a 225 12-14 hour long cook without reloading gives me pause.

Leave a comment:

• M249saw
    replied
    Great review! I read that it’s not very water resistant. How does cooking with it fare in the rain? I trust your judgements but unfortunately I do not have any kind of outdoor shelter. I suppose I could get a pop up tent but the wind around my house has been known to take them away and or shred them.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, now I have. Great fun, love that cooker! Will do a few more cooks on it. Spent all day yesterday with it, the hours just flew by.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here